“Overall excellent just way overpriced”
Review of 1776 Restaurant

1776 Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
1776 Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 287 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Came here with my wife to celebrate our anniversary while on vacation (not really a kid type place). The ambiance is nice - quiet and quaint. The decor is old and outdated and could use a freshening-up but didn't care as much just as long as the food was good. I ordered the porterhouse while my wife choose this 3 piece filet sampler. Her entree was fantastic. My steak was super tender but lacked some flavor (had to add salt). Not what you would expect for a $40+ entree. The sides (cream spinach, etc..) were all great and dessert (cheesecake) was fantastic. Service was fantastic. Overall very good but pricey, like NYC steakhouse pricey, and not sure it's worth the money.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Despite the "strip mall" location, 1776 does things "first rate". The bar is quaint and cozy with a good vibe AND I enjoyed our mixologist very much. On to the FOOD.... We chose a very well prepared and "top end" filet mignon, which we topped with bleu cheese. PERFECTLY grilled (medium rare), tasty and tender. The baked potato was served traditionally and was served hot (always the preferred side with a steak!). The starter Wedge Salad was chilled and served with a delicious dressing. Basic meal enjoyed at the bar but we left VERY satisfied. Service always good here!

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Went to 1776 for the first time today. Our server was so nice, very patient and the food was delicious. I had "Surf and Turf" which was a very good burger topped with crab imperial and Swiss cheese. We also had excellent onion rings, good salad, and very good bisque. Excellent service and beautiful restaurant. Completely unexpected in a strip shopping center.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

We were looking for a nice relaxing restaurant for the evening and were suggested this place by the hotel we were staying in. I had the crab cakes and my husband the steak. Both were extremely good. If you are traveling on a budget or have small children I would not suggest this restaurant.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

Went to 1776 expecting a nice peaceful meal. What we got was a real experience. There was entertainment and it was extremely loud. It is not that the entertainer was bad he was just loud and overpowering. The food was fair at best. My filet was quite good while my wife's NY Strip was just okay. The mashed potatoes were like wall paper paste but the green beans were rather good. All in all not a horrible experience but the entertainer needs to pull the volume down.