“Tasty, healthy food and terrific margaritas, too!”
Review of Modern Mixture

Modern Mixture
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Globally Inspired Mexican Cuisine Fresh and Tasty Food and Cocktails, made to order! Come in and enjoy the yum
Reviewed 29 March 2015

Two friends and I had a delightful evening at Modern Mixture on a Saturday evening. Amy, our friendly and fun hostess, was terrific in guiding us through the menu and pointing out favorites of other patrons. She also told us about this incredible margarita that was made with basil and, I think, orange juice. It was worth the $9 price, just a little less than most of the entrees. The complimentary tortilla chips were warm (right out of the oven?) and perfect with the fresh salsa.

I had a veggie burrito that came with a favorite "Fall" salad of spinach, kale, apple, cranberries and pecans. My friends' entrees featured seafood with large sides of guacamole. Servings were so generous that each of us had enough to take home our lunch for the next day. Amy told us that the Rehoboth location tends to attract a lot of vegetarian and vegan customers while Modern Mixture Too in Milton attracts more meat eaters. But the same menu is offered at both locations, so all tastes can be satisfied.

There were so many yummy sounding menu items that I can't wait to go back to try some other possibilities.

Reviewed 28 March 2015

if you like great homemade Mexican food, this is the place to go. We had a couple different dishes around the table and all of them were delicious. Very reasonable prices especially for a restaurant one block from the beach. Oh yeah, try the margaritas, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 24 March 2015

We were here to celebrate our first anniversary, but took a little break from big meals to have lunch here. Hubby ordered the Huevos Rancheros, and I ordered the Modern Mixture House chopped salad. They were both fabulous! I'm always looking for good vegetarian and food that is less calorie dense. Chef Leo provides that in spades. Food was super delicious, the salad had fresh cactus, something I had never tried before. Our waiter suggested it and I'm so glad she did!

Hubby's Huevos Rancheros was beautifully cooked and the presentation was lovely. The portion was very generous. This little place is tucked back a bit, but sits less than a block from the ocean on Rehoboth avenue, and is now one of our favorite beach restaurants!

Go ahead, give it a try, you won't regret it. Great prices, great food, and so close to the water!

Reviewed 21 March 2015

Our 1st time here, definitely won't be our last! The restaurant is small but inviting. With all the choices in the area don't pass this place over! The staff was warm and welcoming from the moment we opened the door. We stared with the most amazing margaritas made with fresh basil! I never would have thought of basil in a margarita but now I want every margarita that way! Next we had the mojito fries which were addictive! The flavors were perfect together creating an interesting combination that I couldn't get enough of. Next was the Torta Libanesa, a sandwich with falafels, yogurt dipping sauce, cucumber, lettuce, tomato, white cheddar cheese, quinoa and guacamole. An amazing mix that made this vegetarian extremely happy! The side salad was tasty as well, with green apple and dried cranberries, so yummy! We ended with the Tres Leches: Strawberry Filled, hone made of course. They let us taste a bite while eating our meal so we would be sure the save room and the woman who makes it came out to see our reaction. She was so cute and watched in anticipation as we sampled her tasty creation. It was the most sinful thing I have tasted in a long time. I don't usually eat dessert and stay away from sugar but there was no way to pass this up! We ended up not saving enough room because everything else was so delicious so we took the dessert to go!

Everyone there wants to make sure you are enjoying your meal. They genuinely care about their offerings and you can taste the passion they have for unique food combinations. Mission accomplished Modern Mixture, keep up the great work, we will be back soon!

1  Thank Adele_V_Paoli
Reviewed 13 December 2014

This is definitely a local hotspot for delicious food on Rehoboth Ave. I always appreciate the way this family-run business is more than happy to adapt any menu items to my dietary needs. My favorites are the falafel salad and the overstuffed burritos. They also make fresh smoothies (green, wild berry, etc.). The prices are very reasonable.

1  Thank lizziebarnhart