“Regular Saturday Evening”
Review of Saketumi

Saketumi
Reserve with OpenTable
Saketumi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 292 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Price range: US$4 - US$36
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: We are a modern Asian restaurant that offers Chinese, Thai, Japanese food, along with amazing Sushi. Happy Hour is 4pm to 6pm everyday at the bar offering discounted sushi and appetizers and drinks (restrictions apply). Lunch specials daily, except Sunday. Sunday Brunch 11:30am to 2pm serving buffet style sushi, raw oysters, steamed dumplings, gourmet salads, spring rolls, tempura, red curry, fried rice and noodles.
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Our party of three couples were sat immediately and the service by Jimmy was excellent. He was knowledgeable on the menu and had a wonderful personality.
There was much to choose from on the menu and they also offered gluten free options.
Although I wasn't particularly satisfied with the lamb chops as they were very thin and over cooked, the rest of our party was very satisfied with their dishes that consisted of the dim sum sampler, steak teriyaki, Chesapeake Bay roll, roasted duck wonton noodle soup, lobster crab meat fried rice, and a California roll to name a few.
Overall everyone was satisfied and would return for another meal...

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Saketumi is a great place to grab a casual dinner with family or friends and features a wide variety of Asian dishes, including Thai, Japanese, and sushi. Service is friendly, if a bit slow sometimes, and the dining area is open and welcoming, featuring a large, glass fireplace on the wall that adds ambiance. The Thai dishes really shine with big, bold flavors. The sushi rolls I sampled were good, although not nearly as flavorful or creative as the Thai-inspired entrees.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

This is my first time here in a year, and I am happy I returned. Three couples met for dinner on a November Wednesday. Not overly crowded, as Happy Hour was just about over. Emily served us, and she has a lovely personality and was attentive, but not too much. The food was generally very good, with our group trying Japanese, Thai and Chinese selections. All went well until we were leaving. I noticed that the edges of my jacket and my wife's cape and scarf were sitting in a pool of soy sauce, which had been spilled at some point during our dinner. Emily came right over and cleaned up the mess, and a manager gave us a $15 gift certificate for a future visit. She also told us to take the clothes to a related dry cleaner and that we'd be reimbursed. I'll update after I bring them the bill. Finally, the bill included a 20% tip, but that was never disclosed. I happened to see it as I signed my credit card slip. The others had not noticed.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Saketumi was our go to restaurant for Happy Hour on date night. Sadly no more. Our last visit the sushi was not up to standard. We had to send a plate back. We could smell it arriving to the bar.The tuna was old and had changed to a dark color. And when we tasted it, it was "fishy". Although several visits, once a week for several months had been a treat, this night was not. The rolls had shrunk in size and the seaweed was old and dry. The coconut shrimp were small and 2 out of 4 were chewy like rubber. The ginger they serve is "dyed" red/pink not the fresh natural kind. This is an unhealthy preservative. I brought this to the attention of the owner years ago. She just shrugged her shoulders at me. Off to the Cultured Pearl are we.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Love this place they consistently serve great sushi with style and always have something a little different to keep your interest . It's not my first time and won't be the last . Love it . Try anything you won't be disappointed,