“Decent AND Inexpensive Pub Fare”

Roadhouse Bar and Grill
Ranked #177 of 282 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 2 September 2017

The ambiance is not great. The place is VERY dark and the seating is uncomfortable-no cozy booths anywhere. That said, the Roadhouse offers a fantastic Happy Hour menu and drink deals from 3-6....same HUGE half-priced steamed shrimp as their sister establishment on the Avenue {Conch Island}, great wings and burgers too. The fresh hand cut fries are only available at the downtown location--discontinued here for some reason which is my only criticism. The Sysco quality crinkle cut offerings are just not the same--however retro in appearance they may be. Management staff has always been attentive and concerned about one's dining experience. Parking is unlimited and service is quick-which makes it convenient to catching a movie or shopping.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Went to the Roadhouse on August 16, 2017. My grandson was served RAW chicken fingers. Not going back!

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Great food and great prices. Talked to owner( Bryan) and waitress (Victoria) about our daughter's food allergies. They were able to accommodate and the steak (pan cooked) came out fast.

We were there at happy hour and had crab flatbread and wings on special. Both were great but I'll dream about the crab flatbread until I'm back the next time.

The rest of my family got pasta with crab, shrimp tacos and I got the Ethel burger. All were great and the burger was on special ($7) for an 8oz burger with fries.

As a bonus there was enough steak and pasta for another meal.

Family run. We'll be back!

Reviewed 27 July 2017

The burgers are cooked to order and are delicious. Many of the restaurants in the area ask you how you want your burger cooked but everything is cook well done. The Roadhouse cooks the burger perfectly, it is juicy and tender. Tuesday is taco night. I had shrimp taco that were loaded with shrimp (NOT from a can). Delicious. Wait staff is attentive, restaurant clean and food consistent. Also, the waffle fries are meaty, you don't need to upgrade to Boardwalk fried.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Food here was ok, nothing special, but not terrible. Biggest complaint as far as food was the fries. You're at the beach, you want beach fries, everyone serves beach fries...except here, if you want beach fries, it's a $2 up charge from generic frozen crinkle cut...kinda of a downer.

Our issue was service. Our waitress was TERRIBLE! Never mentioned any specials (waitresses around other tables did). Knew NOTHING about the beer on tap. I get it, if you don't drink, you don't know a lot about beer...HOWEVER when you work for an establishment serving "rotating craft beer" you need to know more than just who makes it...is it an ale? is it an IPA? If you don't know, keep a cheat sheet in your little order book. I asked a couple times the "type" of beer and all I could get out of her was "the bartender says i can bring you a taste of the one you want to try." Um....if I don't know WHAT it is, how do I know if I even WANT to try it? Even though I like try drink craft beer (especially since they had a few locals) I settled for a "generic" beer before getting more irritated with trying to get her to find out what they had.

She was also not very attentive. We do not need to be checked on every 5 minutes, however till my daughter's dessert came, the table behind us (with a different waitress) also got THEIR dessert...and they ordered theirs AFTER we did.