“Wonderful food served up in a historic tavern setting”
Review of Cantwell's Tavern

Cantwell's Tavern
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Odessa
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Just opened to the public on December 14, 2011. Located in the historic Hotel in the historical disrict encompassing The Historic Houses of Odessa. Holiday atmosphere is festive for the whole town.
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Cantwell's Tavern has something for everyone -- families, romantic couples, and tourists alike. We sampled local classics like Maryland Crab soup and crabcakes, along with beautifully seasoned mussels in coconut milk and pan seared grouper. The wine list is extensive, and menu diverse. We saw large family groups supping on brick oven pizza, and couples toasting with sparkling wine. A great meal savored over two hours of quality time in a lovely atmosphere.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Our family party of seven had an excellent meal here, as usual. We regularly eat here for special occasions - or for a nice drink with friends - and the food is consistently good and the service is always friendly.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Came for dinner with my parents. Ordered the cheese board, it is 10 times better then it used to be. My dad had the steak sandwich and my mom had the filet..both were fantastic. I ordered the big bac burger and it was the best burger I have ever had. I will be coming back just for that burger. The steal drums set the mood for a great dinner with great service.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful dinner here with friends - the hamburger and fries were delicious and a bargain on dinner special. The crab cake sandwich was tasty but could have had a bit less bun and more crab cake. The atmosphere is fun even if a bit noisy at times. Service was great . Try a drink made with their infused vodka!! Terrific!!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Was there twice for lunch over the past 2 months on my way home from photography tripe to Bombay Hook NWR. Both times our meals were excellent. I had a salmon BLT one time and a crab cake sandwich the other. Both visits I had their Tomato Bisque soup, which is outstanding. Everything put on the table was nicely prepared and delicious. I honestly don't recall what my friend had, but I know he was as satisfied with his meal as I was with mine. No complaints whatsoever. Will return. Not inexpensive but I think the dishes are fairly priced. Highly recommend.