All reviews full kitchen rooms are fully equipped sized fridge college visit longer stay main street front desk laundry room extended stay the entire staff up to date red roof inn would definitely stay here again great hotel deja cooktop hetty
Reviewed 28 October 2018

This is a new hotel to the south of Newark, just off I-95. I was allocated a large room with a comfortable king bed, work desk & chair, another comfy chair, a TV, and a good shower. The only problem was that the fridge/freezer in the kitchen part of the room was very noisy. The free wifi performed well.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Candlewood1101, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Newark South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Thank you for your recent staying with us here at the Candlewood Suites Newark, DE. I am glad you enjoyed your room, and I apologize for the noise you experienced from the kitchen fridge/freezer. Could you please let us know which room that you were staying in so that we may be able to correct the problem for the next guest.

Once again thank you for your review and we appreciate your feedback.

Warm regard,
Ann M Brown-Director of Sales

Reviewed 25 October 2018

My husband and I stayed here recently as we were looking for a place right off of 95 at the border or Maryland and Delaware. I booked this room through Costco and was very pleased. We didn't need a suite but got a decent deal and had I known the restaurant we went to down on Main Street was going to be such a disappointment (but that's another review) I would have stopped at Shoprite and made dinner as the suite is pretty stocked with pots and pans, everything you would need to make a nice dinner. The room was comfortable and clean and the staff is very friendly. I would recommend this hotel if in the area, also try booking through Costco.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Candlewood1101, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Newark South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Thank you for your pleasant review. Please let us know next time you are in town, we would love to have you come and stay with us again.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

Shower head was broken, could not take a shower!!! Contact front desk, no results. So I had to take a bath instead.

At check in time, I was told breakfast was from 7:30am - 10:am. However, when I went down stairs the next morning at 9:00am, there was breakfast. Front desk told me breakfast stopped at 9:00am.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Candlewood1101, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Newark South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience, and we will address the concern with our maintenance staff.
It is Candlewood Suite's model to not offer breakfast, however as a courtesy to our guest we do offer a grab and go breakfast to our guests Monday - Friday from 6 am - 9 am. We will address the times again with our evening front desk staff so they do not inform our guests with the wrong information.

Once again thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

We hope you will visit us again so that we can make this right for you in the future.

Warm regards,
Candlewood Suites
Newark, DE

Reviewed 26 August 2018

Good hotel with spacious and clean rooms. Special formula there the rooms are not cleaned during the weekend and no breakfast is served. Convinient for a longer stay is that you have a large frigde and kitchenette in the room. There is also a small gym on site. Staff was friendly

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Candlewood1101, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Newark South, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you for your review. We hope you will come and visit again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We made a reservation for a room through the AARP website. We received a confirmation and after a day visiting with our son, we went to the hotel to check in. We were asked multiple times what type of room we requested and we were told to wait multiple timed. We waited patiently in the lobby, chatting with our son who had come to hang out with us in our room for a while. Eventually after waiting for at least 20 minutes we were told that there were none of the requested room types available. At that time I wanted to show the desk clerk that I had a confirmation for the requested room and ask him how there could be no rooms of that type if I had a confirmation. I didn't get to finish my question when he told me to "calm down". I said I was very calm and he told me that I was being rude! I have no idea where that came from as I was extremely patient despite the wait and being told ourrequested room type wasn't available. At that point, I walked away, told my husband what the rude desk clerk said to me and asked my husband to deal with this nasty person behind the desk. We ended up with a room with one Queen bed. Not at all what we asked for but it was very late so we took it.
The place itself was ok but to be told to calm down and that I was being rude by an ornery desk clerk will result in our never going back to this place.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Candlewood1101, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Newark South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you for making us aware of the situation you experienced. We take your concern very seriously, and will be addressing our front
desk staff members in regarding to being more hospitable towards our guests.

If there is something we can do to have you come and stay with us the next time you and your husband are in the area, please email me at ann.brown@candlewoodnewarkde.com.

Once again, thank you for bringing this experience to our attention.

Ann M Brown