See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

To start off... I tried to check in a couple hours early, due to my kids needing to nap, and the woman at the front desk told me I had to pay extra to check in... even though NO ONE was in the room we booked... so I had to wait 2.5hrs to check in. Then, I get to the room and it was okay, but very out of date. The TV has a HUGE crack on the top, and it’s hard to make out the picture. The heater makes a weird noise that sounds like a door creeping open. There’s a ton of sketchy people wondering outside, yelling, fighting, and just being creepy. The toilet seat isn’t even screwed on correctly, so when My wife went to sit down she almost fell. The carpets look dirty. The room smelt musty. The walls were covered in cob webs and it’s just sketchy. I wouldn’t have stayed here if I didn’t need to. You honestly get what you pay for. So $40-$50...

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Don H
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Everyone Needs to know this hotel is by far the WORST

My story:

I checked in on a Friday night at 10:30 pm. I booked thru PRICELINE, two rooms, for two nights. Yea I got a cheaper price, but that is no reason to destroy my night.
My younger daughter was ill with fever. My other two daughters stayed in room 2 while I stayed in room 1. An hour into our stay my daughter came into my room saying there were bugs crawling on her pillow my other daughter had fallen asleep and so when I went into her room I saw two bugs clearly crawling on her sheets.
We were traumatized and packed up quickly and went to front desk to leave.
The attendant only said he could switch me to another room. No thanks. Bed bugs don’t know the rooms numbers to keep away from. Are you kidding.
Well we had to drive 1/2 hr away to finally find the last room available for
$310/ night!!!!!
Priceline refunded the second nights amount but said they can’t do anything about the 2 hours we spent being shocked and leaving in a hurt in our pjs

I will never use Priceline or ever stay in a choice hotel.

ROADWAY INN NEWARK DELAWARE SHOULD BE CONDEMNED!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank melody s
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Stood there for recruitment and training for our second chance employment empowerment program and stood about two weeks, some room problems but the manager and staff did the best they could to accommodate us. Not as nice as most places we've stood but they did try their best to make us feel welcome so I will give them three stars.
If you need to make a pit , you're a traveling trucker or just need to stop and rest then it's okay but if you're with family and really want a nice quite entertaining clean place to stay with lots of amenities then go somewhere else.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2017

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!! Checked in & out in less than an hour on the same day. This hotel needs a major renovation. The hotel lobby smelled moldy so I don't even know why I bothered to check into room. I was only in the room long enough to call Choice Hotels customer support and take pictures. I've stayed at many Choice brand hotels before and this hotel was definitely below their standards. While waiting to check out I spoke with the Special Police Officer (with gun) on duty and was told that they are working on getting rid of the bad people.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Diana M
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

You can not expect anything too fancy for that money and i really wasnt. First room had non functioning tv, the towel rack fell down to the ground when i touched it and there was mold in the toilet bowl. A cherry on the cake were bedbugs. We asked for a different room. That one had dried pee on the toilet lid (yes, seriously) and even morr bed bugs. We asked for a refund (which we got) and had to go out looking for a different place to stay (at midnight). We found a super clean and tidy place for comparable price just a mile down the road. You really dont want to stay here.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends