“Delicious and different”

Ranked #26 of 412 Restaurants in Newark
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 November 2016

I've been here for 2 dinners and a lunch and the food is always delicious. There are always some surprisingly different menu items. Crab cakes are fabulous.

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank Pamela H

Reviewed 27 October 2016

Lovely atmosphere and very enthusiastic servers. New offering is a 10/10, which is ten lunch options offered at $10 each. That excludes beverage, dessert, and tip.
Several of them include seafood.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 13 September 2016

We keep coming back to Skipjack's because the fish is fresh, tasty, and artistically presented. Salads are creative and entrees are seasonally refreshed. Just had the Bacon Sour Dough Crusted Salmon– creole wild rice, blackened green beans, smoked tomato, jalapeno jam- an absolute cacophony of flavors. Delicious (don't worry, the bacon is minimal). My wife had the shrimp dish, prepared with chopped grilled squash/zucchini with a basil pesto sauce over orzo. Awesome! Service is impeccable, not intrusive.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 8 September 2016

Went there one night wanting to try a new place. The menu sounds exotic, But overall it was just plain good food. Wife and I enjoyed the sandwiches as the entrees sounded too much. The Hermans fresh burger was wonderful. ( I tasted my wife's) The fried chicken sandwich had many tasty surprises. The herb fries were great as well. Not a place i would visit weekly but great on occasion..

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

At the site of several failed restaurants in The Shoppes at Louviers we finally have a winner! The amazing chef crafts unusual dishes, including the best shrimp and grits my husband has ever had. My Eastern Shore Clambake was varied and interesting, much better than its New England counterpart. I can't believe that Newark finally has an excellent restaurant... We've lived in this town for decades, and I've never had any reason before this to post a restaurant review

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Margaret S

Been to Skipjack? Share your experiences!