“Good Dumplings”

China Garden
Ranked #189 of 388 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 15 September 2017

I have tried several Chinese restaurants in the area over the past couple years. I finally decided that I would give this one a try. I ordered the general tso chicken, lo mein noodles, pan fried pork dumplings and the sesame chicken. Order was ready in about 10 minutes. Staff was friendly and even provided me with plates & eating utensils.

Overall, MOST food was decent, but not amazing. I thought the general tso chicken was OK in terms of taste, but was a little hard. Lo Mein was decent, but needed more seasoning. A little bland in my opinion. Container of noodles was FULL, so they do not skimp. Pan fried pork dumplings were AMAZING. Absolutely one of the best fried dumplings I have had anywhere! Food was served up hot. Restaurant inside has a few tables, but is nothing fancy. Mostly a take out counter.

I might eat here again if in the area. I prefer another place that is within a 10 minute drive, so I would actually prefer to drive a little further and get food that I find better. The dumplings though are amazing & I would without a doubt get them again.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

As a spur of the moment choice for Chinese food,it was decided to give this place a try from a few local suggestions and we were not disappointed.The combo platter was filled well with the entree and the fried rice option.The food was quite tasty and it stayed hot even as a take out with a short drive back to the motel room.The egg roll was not something that would fill you up but it did compliment the entree and rice.It was reasonably priced for the amount of food you received.Would definitely order a different menu item and see if they can repeat this purchase.Serving size did result in making 2 meals out of it.

Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

Consistent great quality delivery and take out. You can eat in but atmosphere is not their strong point. In 15 years I haven't gotten a bad meal here.

Reviewed 27 April 2016

China Garden has the best Chinese food in town! Always fresh. Reasonably priced. Generous portions. Fastest take out ever! Owner and employees are friendly and always remember who you are. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 13 June 2015

I visited this restaurant yesterday and had beef and broccoli with white rice. I thought it was good but could have used a little more flavor. It is more of a take out restaurant with a couple of tables. The prices were reasonable. I was passing through but would recommend if you are in the area. Quick service.