“Heaven for Rum lovers ”
Review of Bahama Breeze

Bahama Breeze
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 409 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

We stopped in for a quick lunch when shopping the Memorial Day sales. Our very bubbly waitress (Jalisa) was very helpful and attentive and seemed genuinely sorry when my 1st and 2nd choice in beers were unavailable due to being in the middle of a beer list switchover. The Key West nachos were among the most tasty nachos I've ever had and my partner enjoyed her chicken street tacos.
It is the Rum sipping menu on the back page that sets this place apart including two of my favourites: 15 yr Rhum Barbabcourt and Barcardi's Gran Reserva (but sadly not their Reserva Limitada). There were several I've not tried yet do a few more visits are in order). I just wish their Tequila list showed the same imagination.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank RogerM371

Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

Great relaxed and calm atmosphere. Not loud or crazy like a steakhouse or bar. Dim lighting and nice music. Wide variety of food to choose from, I love the coconut breaded onion rings! So yummy! They have a good burger and some delicious quesadillas! Never had to wait when I have visited, but I've also visited around lunch, early dinner time during the week. Good place to check out if you want something different from your usual!!

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 14 May 2016

Great food and drinks, excellent service ,I had a wonderful experience dining at this restaurant the food was no reason than I expected. .Jasmine our hostess took care of us she is Awesome . Thanks for a great dining experience.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 4 May 2016

2 preface what I am about 2 say - my tastes favor spicy, Mexican, Indian, Moroccan, Lebanese, Asian & plan ol American fare so I'm not afraid of spice & love it in fact.

Here, the menu is very geared toward Caribbean cooking so if u want just say a plain burger, u r not going 2 get that as the seasoning is going 2 b more eclectic (4 example their BBQ sauce is not what I am looking 4 in a BBQ sauce).

Their food is good if u r in the mood 4 such a taste of seasonings but I think 4 the quantity of food, not a great value.

Their drinks don't pack much alcohol & though they're ok if u like fruity island drinks... which I do. But if I'm paying good money 2 drink... I want alcohol IN IT. So I tend 2 skip drinking here & get inspired 2 go home & concoct myself.

Bottom line, this is a place I really have 2 b in the mood 2 go 2 & I generally don't crave it. But I would say try it once & judge 4 yourself.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 19 April 2016

I have frequented this restaurant several times and every time is a treat. The food is always good, there are a lot of entrees to pick from, the service is friendly and hospitable, and that is why I come back.

Date of visit: April 2016

Been to Bahama Breeze? Share your experiences!