“Long day”

Ranked #34 of 409 Restaurants in Newark
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A dining oasis - Breakfast Served All Day. Upscale Salad & Buffet Courts, Brick Oven Pizza, Salads, Burgers, Clubs, Specialty Sandwiches, Lighter Plates, Chicken & Dumplings, Stir Fry, Fajitas, Crab Dip, Stuffed Mushrooms, Steaks, Broiled Seafood, Crab Cakes, Pasta, Fried Chicken & Ribs, Ice Cream, Bananas Foster, Water Ice. Cocktails, Martinis, Wines & Ice Cold Draft Beers. Sports Bar with 8 big screen TV's. Take Out. Delivery 4-9 pm. DELICIOUS FOOD!
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

After family went back to Boston did not feel like cooking. Last ones in Restaurant , but the service was still good. Food taste fresh , and they have a wonderful salad bar. I recommend the barbeque Salomon , really good. Only problem had to wait for the potatoes , and the rest of my food was already out.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed one night at the hotel across the street and needed dinner after driving over 8 hours. We had a friendly server and some really tasty drinks, but the food is cheap quality diner food. The burger sliders were frozen flavorless patties, the fries were so salty we could not eat them and the salad was soggy.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We were traveling south and stopped for the night at a hotel right close by to Michael's, so we could walk over. I am giving it an average review but that does not mean we did not enjoy the spot and would certainly say to give it a try if in the area. We sat at the bar which is a decent size with an adequate selection of beers on tap. Bartender was very friendly and helpful with our food choices. Good conversation with the other patrons who were also heading south. They do offer a pretty good size salad bar which includes hot food as well. My wife got the salad bar and was happy with it. I got the turkey dinner which was good and very plentiful.
Overall happy with our experience and if traveling in this area again would not hesitate to stop here again.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 3 June 2018

Before you read any further, understand that the food here is very good. If you can get past the dated 70's decor and uniforms, you'll have a very enjoyable experience.

We took a friend and his wife there for a birthday dinner. Because of previous stomach and other cancer issues, he unfortunately has a very precise diet. This is where Michael's shined. Our waitress was attentive, took down all the specifics, and the restaurant delivered. 3 Cheers for the waitress and the kitchen.

I had the Prime Rib and it was substantial. Again, this is not a four star steakhouse. But the food is quality, the portions are big, and the service was great. They still have a Salad Bar, something I'm a sucker for. I like being able to have a heaping salad before a good meal, and I was able to do that here.

Michaels is definitely worth the visit. And if you live in the area, it could be your local good grub hangout. It would be worth getting to know the staff and supporting the place. Good folks.

Now, if we could just get them to buy a few gallons of paint . . .

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank MysteryTraveler1956
Reviewed 17 May 2018

My son and I were in Newark because my husband was a patient in the local hospital. Exhausted and hungry, my son and I chose Michael's Pizza and Grill near our hotel. That was a great choice... delicious personal size pizza, good customer service, good prices!

Date of visit: May 2018