“Quaint, Country with a little edge! A standout.”
Review of The Backyard

The Backyard
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Milton
Price range: US$1 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Backyard. A market, restaurant and bakery focusing on seasonal and local foods. Traditional favorites and new ideas.
Reviewed 17 July 2017

First time visitors... Walked in near the end of the dinner rush... had to wait a few minutes. Didn't realize we could have been seated immediately outside on the patio... a little thing... Food was quite good and reasonably priced for what we got... Calamari as an appetizer with a spicy pepper dipping sauce... one person had a nice steak salad on mixed greens. I had and would recommend "The Trucker" Pulled pork, caramelized onions and mac and cheese on a nice thick homemade toast and very good fresh fries... Staff was friendly and willing to please but need some professional training to bring the restaurant to the next level. Too much "country" and you lose the edginess that give the place its charm.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

I found the Backyard on TripAdvisor so we ate hear with my brother and his wife on a Wednesday evening. The ambiance, service and food were excellent. Our server Erica made some really good suggestions so I unless you know what you want their advice is really helpful. The menu is a good mix of entres, sandwiches (the Trucker was great) and salads. The atmosphere was spacious, quiet and relaxed. We will definitely return to The Backyard.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Enjoy a great cup of coffee on your way to Rehoboth! Coffee cafe right inside and the barista will give you a nice hot cup made to order.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Non-descript restuarant from the outside, however, inside this has a nice, clean, industrial vibe. Service was quick and efficient and the food was home-style - top notch. Nice little bar that would make later in the day a fun adventure. Generous portions - tasty and handicap accessible!

Reviewed 8 July 2017

My wife and I went there today. The Crab Fries appetizer is outstanding. I could've had a couple of orders of that for an entree. Wife said her Reuben was great, as was my Cuban sandwich. For dessert, I had the Banana Foster Cake, which was not only a large portion, but was accompanied by house made whipped cream. Wife got a peanut butter dessert called High Five Pie, which she also loved. Overall terrific food in a very relaxed atmosphere. We'll definitely be back.