“Atypical Fare”
Review of Cantina Ultima

Cantina Ultima
Ranked #11 of 33 Restaurants in Milton
Reviewed 3 February 2017

Cantina Ultima is a brick-and-mortar off-shoot of a popular Philly area food truck. At lunch, when I went, the menu is short, with only 5 items, all burritos, based on various smoked meats. Dinner menus are more extensive. The young couple running the eatery are friendly and helpful.

My "burrito" was actually a bowl. Pulled pork, very tasty with a just a hint of smoky heat, atop rice, beans and cotija cheese.

My friend's rolled-tortilla burrito was Korean BBQ, I think it was called bulgoki, with kim-chi as the additional stuffing. He raved.

A nice selection of craft beers, soft drinks, and some craft cocktails. I'll be back

1  Thank Original_Shrut

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

My husband and I saw this place as we were headed to another restaurant for dinner, here not even realizing it was there! It has a neat atmosphere and the drinks menu is amazing! The food is good but limited and very electric. Me being 9 months pregnant had a hard time finding something to eat as much of the food was spicy or included something pregnant women shouldn't eat. Also, they didn't have anything caffeine free to drink other than water. Maybe we went at the wrong time but it was extremely busy and service was slow. We will definitely try it again when my food palette has returned to normal and I can enjoy a drink!

Reviewed 15 November 2016

in town for our bi-annual visit and saw some interesting dishes and decided to give it a try. Street parking only, small but quint little place. They have happy hours but you have to sit at the bar.

Drinks: Margarita Gringo (available in two sizes just in case you're thirsty :) )
appetizers: chicharrones N Salsa , Korean buffalo wings - both are tasty and different
Entree: smoked steak frites, caldo gallego, seafood stew with scallops, chicken moles cheese steak

The drinks were great, the food were good and unique with good service, will definitely visit again when I hit town again.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

We decided to visit the recently opened Cantina Ultima for lunch one afternoon. We arrived around 12:15 and we were seated promptly in a booth. There were other patrons in the restaurants as well.
We ordered two glasses of water and two craft beers.
We decided to order the burrito in the bowl, mine with steak and hers with chicken. The dishes arrived shortly thereafter and the first impression upon looking at the large bowl that was filled about one third of the way with the burrito ingredients looked appealing but I have to admit that my first response was that this was not the serving size you would have received at a Chipotle or Moe's. I know, we like big portions around here. However, the portion was plenty for a meal without being full. No, there were no doggie bags with these portions but the flavors of the dish were delicious.
In my opinion, it would be great if we start realizing that we do not need such large portions but the fact is that we do get use to other establishments serving large size dishes.
The server was polite, delivered the check when asked, she was so stealth that I did not realize that she had picked it up and returned the paid receipts to the table.
Overall, a very good experience with delicious food and ample portions. I will return.

1  Thank ranran70
Reviewed 19 October 2016

Went here on a Friday night with friends. We had to go a little later since it was packed at first glance, but it was worth the wait! They ran out of a few entrees on the menu (which is limited) by the time we got there. The margarita on the rocks was awesome! I opted for one of the smaller bites which was the Chinese BBQ pork belly tacos. They were three small (not normal sized) tacos, but they were very tasty! My boyfriend had a sandwich that was similar to a pulled pork called The Pennsporter, which I tried (a bit on the spicy side, but delicious!) Our dinner mates had the wings and burger which they both raved about. Would definitely come back now that we're headed into the off season, but seems like a popular place with the locals, which I'm not complaining about in the least! Support your local businesses!

Been to Cantina Ultima? Share your experiences!