All reviews pool bar dog beach golf cart ice cream shop tow vehicle camp store bath house camping trip nice campground screened in porch a fabulous vacation already booked for next year private beach liquor store small closet opening weekend avoid parking
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Our stay at Massey's Landing was wonderful! We stayed at a Landing Club spot, right near the beach. Our spot was large (had a pull through spot). We arrived and got checked in right away. The guy who checked us in was very nice and knowledgeable about the property. Got to our site, set up and went to have a drink at The Soggy Dollar Tiki Bar. Good drinks, food was good. It was a limited selection but all was good and reasonably priced. Bath houses were very clean and the best I have ever seen at a campground. Their market had all the essentials and then some. Again, everything very reasonably priced. Pool was very nice, small but very nice and clean. We truly enjoyed ourselves and this place was perfect for my husband and I. It had fishing/crabbing/kayaking for my husband and a beach for me to lay out on. We booked for next year already we loved it so much!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

This was our first time camping here. It was nice but a little to out in the country type of thing for me. It feels like you are too far away from the busy parts of the main beach areas. We had our own kayaks and our own golf cart so I can't really say how the rental situation is with them but I will say that where we put our kayaks the water looked like you were in sewage water. Staff was nice but not overly friendly like what we were used to at other campgrounds. The main desk needs help there is not enough people you have to wait to long to get waited on. The pool looked nice we didn't try it looked like it was jammed pack probably could use another pool since they have a huge campground. The showers were extremely clean and water was nice and hot they just don't stay on long at all. It was nice to see that this was a pet friendly place and that you could take your pets inside and to see different sizes of pets it was nice. The only issue we did have while we were here was parents not watching there kids on there bikes we had 2 kids about run right into our golf cart because they weren't paying attention to what they were doing. Other than that it was a nice place our pets had a great time!

Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank spitfire732
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Massey's over the Easter weekend. Nearly every site was filled on the water side of the campground. Registration area, ice cream bar and store are impeccably clean. The pool with an adult only area surrounding the swim up bar is awesome. Nice dog park. All level for easy bike riding. Dog beach is small, people beach is not much bigger. Facility as a whole is very impressive. Seemed a bit short-staffed as I saw our bartender cleaning the restroom earlier in the day. Tiki bar was still under construction. Perhaps it will be open for our next visit in October. The thing that impressed me the most was - at every site, there is a separate parking spot for your vehicle, away from the RV. In between that, is your "yard." Love that. BE SURE to receive the pass code for the restrooms upon check in if you don't do #2 in your camper.

Date of stay: April 2017
Reviewed 7 July 2017

This camping resort is beautiful. The adult swimming pool with swim up bar was great, as was their beach area on the bay. The sites are very nice but some are hard to exit when the campground is full as they have your vehicle parking right next to the camper aside of your site rather then in front of your camper. The restaurant is not much of a restaurant but the ice cream bar and store are very nice. Our major complaint about this resort is that we were with a large group (there for baseball at Sport at the Beach) and were told we would get a discount on our rates and a discount on our golf carts. Upon our arrival we asked about our discounts and were told that the manager would call us that day. We had not heard from her by the next day so we returned to the office. Once again were told we would be contacted by 1:00 that day. By our third day we had still not received a call and still have not heard from anyone there! I will be calling the office today to try to get an answer once again! Somebody dropped the ball but can't seem to find out who that was!

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 5 July 2017

First time at this campground and went into it with the expectation of prepare for the worst and hope for the best attitude. The campground is very well maintained, paved roads throughout and not a lot of trees which is also something I like. They seem to offer a lot onsite which is a good thing since they are pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Having an adult swim up pool bar is perfect, however, I think the main pool for families which is connected needed to be built much larger. The sites could use more stone or have them all paved and/or with cement pads. I am not one that likes sand especially if it rains. It is a bit inconvenient if you are not camping on the side with the beach and pool because you are separated by water and a nice bridge to connect the two areas would be great. I am sure there is a reason they don't have this but it would save a lot of extra steps. Then again if they did that they wouldn't make money off of golf cart rentals. The biggest downfall I had was when we tried to order food on a Monday and they were pretty much out of just about everything we wanted because the "busy weekend" and the food truck had not yet made its delivery. That was the one day we wanted to order lunch at the pool bar and nothing we wanted was available. I heard the truck did not come in until way late that evening so I'm sure that was quite a money loss for the campground and an inconvenience for quite a few guests. However, the camping resort is very nice for the most part and we will return. The beach bar wasn't open for business yet when we were there but was supposed to be opening July 4th weekend. So I can't comment on that, but it looked as though it would be an awesome place as well. The campground is expensive but they do offer a lot onsite so the value is good.

Date of stay: June 2017