“Good, but DONUT DEAL no longer”
Review of A & R Bakery

A & R Bakery
Ranked #2 of 6 Bakeries in Middletown
Reviewed 29 June 2017

I have been going to this bakery for YEARS now. They donuts have always been good and a great deal. A half dozen is only $5. They used to have a promo for the "donut of the week", where it was buy one-get one up to 3 offers. I noticed about a month or so ago that they no longer have a "donut of the week" promo. I also noticed that the size of the donuts have seemed to have gotten a little smaller on occasion. I wondered IF the business has been bought out or is under new management. I have seen a new face there the last few times I have been in. The donuts still taste the same and that is what is important, so I will continue to shop here. Tried the sticky bun recently as I had a coupon for a free one & was not impressed. I will stick with the donuts. Their rolls and hamburger buns are also very good.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Longest line in town on Saturday mornings. Terrific pies and cakes, sticky buns, etc., you name it they make it on premises,, with a couple exceptions.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 17 January 2017

I normally get my donuts here every Friday for family and friends. Some of the ladies are more friendly with a smile than others. My kids love the donuts and most of them taste better than DD. They are always busy when I am here, but it's worth the wait in line.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 16 August 2016

I stop in here just about once a week to get donuts. We usually get a half dozen, which is $5. They have a nice selection & always have a "donut of the week". Donut of the week is "buy one, get one free". It is always a nice surprise IF it is one that you like! Our favorites are the glazed, cinnamon sugar raised, chocolate cake, apple filled and chocolate or vanilla glazed with sprinkles.

I also stock up on rolls here. Their hot dog and hamburger rolls are really good. They freeze well too. I will often buy a few bags and freeze them. Then if I decide to have a last minute cook out, I already have the rolls! Rolls also are great for egg sandwiches in the morning!

Overall, a nice Amish bakery. We love the donuts and rolls. They also sell breads, pies, cakes, cookies, muffins, etc. Prices are good. Products are great quality. Only downside is that they are only open Thursday, Friday and Saturday when the Dutch Country Farmer's Market is open since it is located inside the Amish market.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 11 June 2016

So many, many delicious offerings. You can choose all kinds of breads, pies, cakes, cookies, sticky buns, whoopie pies, bagels and the list goes on and on. What I really like is that they offer smaller portions such as a single slice of pie, cake or whoopie pie, or a half loaf of banana bread just to name a few. I have never been disappointed with anything I have purchased over the years. This is where you go for delicious Amish baked goods.

Date of visit: June 2016