“Well run place, will be stopping by again”

Tom Foolery's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #3 of 98 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 July 2018

This is our type of restaurant. A well run, non franchise place. Service was good on every level. Manager and cooked stopped by to see how things were. Our service was good and the place was clean and well kept. It was a place were people were having a good time. The menu is not huge, which for me is a good sign. Do a few things well and be content with that. I was able to taste two items. The ribs were very good and I could order them over and over. The fish and chips were pretty good but I would probably be fishing for something a little different next time. One challenge we had is that we had someone with crab allergies with us and the things that looked the best on the menu had crab on it. As a matter of fact there is a lot of crab on the menu. The other dishes that we saw looked great and I can't wait to go back and try some of the different offerings they have. I think the only down note was the live entertainment. The guitar playing was good, but I am not sure how the voice was. The guitar was mixed so loud you could barely hear his voice or the voice of the people at your table. I was entertained by the entertainment but at the expense of other aspects of the dining experience.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

Four of us made a visit to the movies & a shopping trip to Middletown. We visit Middletown about once a month and always eat lunch. Our friends wanted something more than the local Arby's, Burger King or subs at Wawa. So they selected Tom Foolery's based on its ratings.

We sat on the high top tables and ordered our drinks and a crab pretzel app to start our lunch.

The drinks and the app arrived and the dip was so hot from the oven we couldn't eat it. But we needed small plates as it was messy. I went to find our server to get small plates.

Time to order. We ordered the Ahi Tuna sandwich, the $6 Quesadilla, and (2) Rib entrees. About 5 minutes later, the server appeared.....no ribs. So my pal ordered the Crab Bisque and my wife ordered a Brisket sandwich. About 5 minutes later the server came back and said no "bisque". So my pal ordered the Chilli.

Food finally arrives. My quesadilla came with salsa straight from a jar, my wife's brisket was OK, as they poured some BBQ sauce on it, and my pal's Chilli was thin like the Bisque he ordered but never got. I was not happy with the quesadilla. The Ahi Tuna sandwich was enjoyed.

The best thing about the meal were the handcut fries that came as sides with the sandwiches. Excellent. Salted nicely and reminded me of being on the boardwalk.

Our friend who wanted to come here because of the reviews and the rating was disappointed. I was too. My wife expected more and the kitchen let us down.

Tom fooled us with too many items not available.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Great food, friendly staff!!!! The food is always brought out hot and we never have to wait long. Tom Foolery's offers a delicious menu with imaginatively named specials. They also offer weekday deals that are also a hit! Don't miss this stop!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I really like it here. Everyone is friendly and great food. I love the burgers and the hand cut fries!

Reviewed 3 June 2018

We stopped at Tom Foolery's restaurant and bar after watching a movie at a theater in Middletown. I ordered the Hamburg with fries and an order of onion rings to be shared by everyone , my Wife ordered the Crab cake platter with coleslaw and our Niece got the Fish and chips. The hamburg was large but I did not like the blue cheese it came with.The Crab cakes were good and the serving of Fish and chips was huge.We all liked the Onion rings. Our server was very helpful and friendly.