“Delicious food!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Agave has great food! On my most recent visit I had their El Gringo Quesadilla. It was delicious. The waitress allowed me to switch out the jalapeño pepper mixture for less spicy veggies. A “must have” is their guacamole which is offered in a few difference flavor choices. You won’t be disappointed if you choose Agave!!!

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Loved everything we ate from strawberry margaritas to farmer’s market quesadillas, chips and salsa, and chicken tortilla soup. Can’t wait to go back next time! We sat at the bar and had excellent service!

Reviewed 17 November 2017

So Agave has been my favorite restaurant in Lewes since it opened. The food has consistently been good. When they expanded into the chocolate shop next door several years ago they were able to maintain the same food quality and service even with expanding. This year they expanded yet again into the furniture store next door. After delayed opening , in the spring , I was happy 2 see that most of their menu was the same. Service was very slow and the bar being right in the center of the restaurant created a lot of excess noise. Unfortunately, my favorites we're not as tasty as they had been. That was disappointing but I wrote it off to it being opening jitters. Then in the summer I come to find that they no longer have takeout service. Another big disappointment for locals who don't want a two-hour wait.
So I tried again this week after the crowds have subsided. Sadly, another disappointment. Mango salad was not what it used to be. Breakfast burrito, has reduced in size and no longer is quite as tasty as it used to be. Sadly again, in my book you only gets two shots. Agave is now off my favorite list

1  Thank pak4u
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Lovely food and atmosphere. Very difficult to get into for dinner. Can have two hour waits Great guacamole options. Burritos are huge and fabulous
Fajitas are amazing. Honestly we would go there more except for the wait times!
You won’t be disappointed in the food or drinks!!!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Two couples went on a rainy Tuesday. I've heard about Agave since I moved here 5 years ago. This was my first visit. We had heard so much about the lines that we showed up at 5:30, just to get on the list. Surprisingly, we were seated immediately. The place never filled up for the next couple of hours, so we didn't suffer the noise pollution that's been mentioned. Phil did a nice job as our server, but the young man who brought out drinks was clumsy, spilling some of a frozen margarita, along with the salt. He stood in the same spot and passed drinks over the table to everyone. He did the same thing with the food, not walking to each place. The food was OK, and just OK, nothing special. The chili was very good, but many of the entrees are not authentic, according to one of our party who is Mexican American. She was disappointed. Others have expressed surprise at having to pay for chips and salsa; I agree. Dinner ran about $30 per person, no dessert and three drinks. It was a pleasant experience, but that was due to the company. It would have been less pleasant had this experience followed a long wait. I'm not in a hurry to return.