“Convenient Lunch”

Pizza Palace
Ranked #10 of 37 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Service was great and quick, atmosphere was pleasant but the chicken cheesesteak left alot to be desired.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

We made an unexpected trip to Georgetown Delaware due to a death in the family. We found ourselves hungry after a 4 hour car ride (we are from out of state). We wandered over to this pizza place since my husband loves subs. He said his sub was ok but didn’t have enough cheese. He is always able to finish a meal so when he said it was “ok” I knew that meant it wasn’t. But my Stromboli was very good. I got a meat lovers Stromboli and ate 2 pieces. I offered the rest to my husband which he was very happy about. we are staying at the hotel across the way. Literally a 2 minute drive but they said they don’t deliver. Well actually let me quote the person I asked. They said “if you order 5 pizzas I would have no problem delivering there”. Personally a lot of restaurants I know do deliver if there is a minimum amount spent. For example most places it is $20. And you get free delivery. Maybe offer that to hotel guests. Just a thought. Other than that the restaurant looked clean and well kept. Their specials menu was hand written which I thought was cute. They also have plastic menus. We ordered our food and waited. Only took 15 minutes. We didn’t witness any inappropriate behavior. The only downside was they do not accept America express. I wanted to use this card since we use it for emergencies and since we were here for a death in the family I figured we would use that card for all our expenses. Luckily we had our visa card with us as well and we used that instead. Overall 4 stars just because I think I would have ordered late night pizzas if they had delivered. After spending 4 hours in a car I really don’t want to get back in it. Even if it’s only across the street.

1  Thank Teresa S
Reviewed 21 December 2017

Been going in there a few times a week when in Georgetown and we were there for lunch today and when the yelling started in the back, my stomach turned...couldn't even eat my meal. Upset me so bad, we had to leave. Didn't understand a word being said but it was AWFUL! Gentleman sitting across from us asked to speak to someone other than the owner that was yelling...he didn't much care about any of it. Told the gentleman to do what he had to. Oh My! Piss poor management when you do nothing to remedy a situation that was so awful. Just a heads up! Hope you have a better experience there and owners/management are in a half way decent mood. Bought two gift certificates prior to this happening...wish I would have waited. Don't know that we'll be going back even though the food is very good. It is evening and I'm still upset. So many other good restaurants around. Feel so sorry for the employees! Mental abuse at its best.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

It's a great place to have lunch. I enjoy the Cobb Salad most of all. I had all dishes that have crab in it. Awesome! Only a few servers give great customer service. That is the reason for my rate of very good instead of excellent. Great prices, also.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Not only do they have the best pizza, their seafood is to die for. I can't say enough good about the restaurant. We even call ahead for takeout---it is the best.

Been to Pizza Palace? Share your experiences!