“We had the best time!”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Dewey Beach
Hunlock Creek, Pennsylvania
“We had the best time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

My boyfriend and I spent 4 days here and had an awesome time. As soon as we got there ( which was about 3 hours before check in time) we were able to park our car and get all of our information in with the front desk. They were very nice and let us change and leave our car there to go down to the beach until our room was ready (they let us in an hour before we were to be there). Everyone that works there were more then kind , helpful, and happy people who made our stay wonderful. The location is great to walk to the beach as well as many places to eat and bars. The views from the bay side rooms are beautiful and having a stove and everything there made it fun to make dinner in the room and eat on the balcony. We will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank whitesc2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

This was a last minute booking and I was a bit nervous before I arrived. I was Pleasantly surprised by the view it was more then I imagined....I felt like I was vacationing in the carribean. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Essenc
brooklyn, ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

I spent three nights at the Bay Resort Motel. The location is pretty good - the beach is across the street, there are a couple of places to eat (though not great) and bars on the main road, and the Jolly Trolley (that takes you to Rehoboth) stop is close as well. It seemed that Dewey Beach was a bit more quiet than Rehoboth, though there is more to do in Rehoboth, as well as better places to eat and shop. However, it was easy to get there by the Trolley or on foot if you are up for a nice walk.

Our room was just fine - two double beds, kitchenette, decent bathroom, and balcony overlooking the pool. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked well. Everyone who worked at the office was very kind and helpful. While staying there, our car battery died and when I asked at the front desk about getting a jump, they informed me that they had a maintenance guy who would help us when we were ready to leave. On the morning of our departure, he came right out with a car battery charger and got the car started right away. I couldn't have been more grateful for his kindness while helping us and truly appreciate the Motel's help with this matter!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank relliebelle
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

We got a 1st floor bayside room. Literally looks like the picture they had on their website. This is a small motel, but the bayside lagoon like area is awesome for my toddler to play. Walking distance to the beach and all local attractions in Dewey. Also great because they had free parking for 1 car per room. I ran out of batteries one night and I asked the reception if they sold any. The reception just gave me two batteries and said not to worry about paying. Very friendly and clean place.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank charlotty
Front Royal, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

The Bay Resort motel is a great alternative to the expensive hotels. It's two blocks from the beach, has nice clean rooms, and a very friendly staff. We had difficultty getting WiFi to work on our laptops but aside from that, it was great. We'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,584 reviews
Atlantic View Hotel
Atlantic View Hotel
#2 of 13 in Dewey Beach

Been to The Bay Resort? Share your experiences!