Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn by Marriott(Bethany Beach)(Great Value!)
US$655
US$632
US$172
US$162
Priceline
Sands Motel(Fenwick Island)
US$86
US$80
Fenwick Islander Motel(Fenwick Island)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$193
Fenwick Inn(Ocean City)
US$158
Holiday Inn Express Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$178
Cayman Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$148
US$168
Country Inn
US$120
All reviewsfront deskthe hotel is cleanocean cityfree breakfastyogurtwithin walking distanceminute walkoutdoor poolhard boiled eggsstaff was very friendly and helpfulthe breakfast areaoff seasonnice breakfastthe main stripbreakfast staffbeds were very comfortableafter hours
Reviewed 2 May 2018

When booking in advance for an event I made it for two nights but was told I could get out of the second night if I gave advance notice. I tried to cancel the 2d night more than a week in advance of the event (explaining my earlier conversation when I booked). I was told no, I asked the Manager to call me. She never did though staff was polite in telling me it was an ownership decision. When we checked it I tried again and same result through staff. Manager on site did not contact me. I was told there would be a fee of $150 if I wanted to cancel. This was almost as much as I paid to stay the 2d night (special event related event). I posted a similar review on the company website and got a note from the manager. I asked for her supervisors but have not heard back yet. This is a basic clean hotel with good internet, about .4 mile from Bethany Beach heart. It is not on the Boardwalk. But is next to a great crab restaurant. My downgrading of the service is due to the manager not being available to me when I called or calling back as I asked. The rest of the service staff is fine. If you are absolutely sure your plans won't change, it would be fine but I would not stay here again if I had ANY need/concern for flexibility in my travel plans. I conclude something (ownership? Management?) changed in the period between when I initially booked and the event. Good place but use caution.

Room Tip: Get the name of manager and document all calls
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gatewoodbaseball
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Hi gatewoodbaseball,

Thank you for contacting us about your experience at the Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach FL.

I am sorry to learn that you had issues with your booking and you were dismayed that the hotel management never reached out to you about the issue you have raised. IHG sincerely cares about your experience, and I appreciate your taking the time to let us know. I have shared your comments with hotel management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. I know they appreciate your sharing your experience and am confident they will take steps so this doesn’t happen again.

Again, thanks for getting in touch with us. We appreciate you as our guest. If you need anything else just send us an e-mail at ihgservice@ihg.com.

Best Regards,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 23 April 2018

We have our Condo Association Annual Meeting here in May. The manager & staff are always well organized, helpful & friendly. They keep our coffee/tea supplied and the set up is comfortable and off the main lobby. Fred, the manager, makes booking event so easy & he is flexible to accommodate minor changes.
Some of our owners have stayed for convenience and the rooms are clean, well stocked and they offer event discounts.

Room Tip: Rooms toward ocean would be quieter, a restaurant/bar is on the bay side room.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Destani G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

We truly appreciate you taking the time to review your experience at our hotel when booking our meeting room. We thank you for your continued business over the years and forward to accommodating your future meetings!

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed unexpectedly due to ruptured water pipes/flooded house and no heat in our house in Bethany when we arrived with my husband, SIL and BIL. Stephen at the front desk was wonderful!! So helpful and friendly. The lobby sitting area was very comfortable and inviting. We stayed on the third floor in rooms next to each other. It was cool in the room so I turned on the heat- SO noisy!! It was terrible!! Then I stepped on something- I think it was a cough drop wrapper. My SIL called me...another wrapper caught in the coil of the phone. A few hairs in the bathroom that were not mine either... However, everything was very nice. Very nice fluffy towels in the bathroom. They have Bath and Body White Citrus products (lotion, shampoo, conditioner) and La Fresh Make Up Remover Wipes. Right outside the bathroom is a little area with a small refrigerator, sink, microwave, and Keurig. The beds were VERY comfortable. Pillows were labeled as firm and soft-my husband loved that. Only suggestion would be to make their outer 'comforter' a bit thicker or to put an extra blanket in the room. Breakfast was surprisingly very good and fresh for a small breakfast area. Staff kept the area clean and food in good supply. Check out was very easy. It was 'strange' for us to stay in a hotel in Bethany- we didn't feel like we were in Bethany. If, God Forbid, we ever need a hotel again we will be back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

I gave this hotel a 4 rating based on our stay, not because this is a 4 star hotel. This was actually my second stay there. The hotel is clean in all areas that we saw, the reservation was accurate, the staff was friendly and pleasant.

Both of my stays were in the off-season so I'm sure it is very different in the summer. That being said, the breakfast area is very small and I can imagine it is hard to find a seat in season. The breakfast itself, while well-stocked and fresh, had very limited choices. The other concern I would have in a busier time is that the elevators were very slooooowwww.

I would recommend his hotel for sure though.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2017

My wife and daughter spent a night at this hotel. My wife booked it for us and she was pleased with that experience. From the moment we walked in the entrance, we had a great experience. The woman at the desk was very welcoming and even upgraded us to a slightly larger room.

The room was spacious, nicely furnished, very clean. The bathroom was large. There was plenty of room for all of our toiletries which is rarely the case.

The beds were very comfortable. There were plenty of pillows which were marked "firm" and "soft" on the pillowcase, something I have not seen before. It was nice to have the option.

Breakfast is complimentary but is only OK. A typical breakfast of its type. It was certainly convenient.

The hotel was quiet as would be expected out of season.

Checkout was very easy.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Destani G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. It truly pleases our staff and management that your family was extremely satisfied with our staff and the amenities provided to you during your stay. We hope you continue to make us your home away from home when visiting Bethany Beach!