“not very good for disabled .”

The Oak on the Green
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Bearsted
Price range: US$5 - US$31
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Privately Owned Fresh Food Restaurant And Free-house Pub Famous For Fantastic Serving Staff And For Serving The Best Aged Scottish Steaks And Home Made Pies And Puddings.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

food was good. I had ribeye steak unfortunately pepper sauce tasted burnt. Staff were good and helpful but there are steps to get to the gentlemen's toilet which will put me off future visits.

1  Thank Keith F
Write a ReviewReviews (1,655)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

food always amazing, lovely staff. Been loads of times and I'm always keen to visit again!
would recommend any burger on the menu, between my family and I we have probably tried all of them! crispy brie starter is my favourite and the breads are all great too. Pretty location too, I'm not originally from Kent and always feel like I'm really in the garden of England when I'm in bearstead.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Staff very helpful and friendly, but the has changed. You could always go here and have a good meal but this the second time that I’ve been disappointed. Burger was burnt and over cooked, the chips varied in taste so obviously not cooked at the same time and the salad had a strange taste. We won’t rush back!

1  Thank Nicola E
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Over rated and over priced. Ordered 3 different meals from the lunch time menu and none of them were enjoyed
Wouldn't recommend and would definately not revisit. Having sadi that staff very friendly and efficent. Shane about the food

1  Thank Helen B
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I went here on a business lunch. It was booked by ‘the other side’ on a recommendation they had from a local colleague.

I’ve been here a couple of times before and enjoyed the food. I had heard that the business was sold to a chain, but no sign of any menu changes etc. The food is still good, with portion sizes generous - all good pub grub.

All four of us had something very different and there were certainly no complaints. No room for desserts though :)

Overall, the experience was a good one and I’ll be back again.