“Best Asian around”

Bamboo Garden
Ranked #30 of 61 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

I originally came to this place thinking it was just another Asian restaurant. The atmosphere and food were the best I've eaten. The food presentation is impressive and the portions are large. You immediately get water and tea (and of course you can order a drink if desired) and a side plate of fried noodles with sauce. After dinner is followed up with a plate of fruit. Very impressed and if I lived here, I would come back over and over again.

1  Thank Chris S

Reviewed 15 February 2012

This place was kind of a nightmare. The crispy chips they brought out for us when we sat down were beyond stale. I didn't know the sauce that came with them was supposed to be "Sweet and Sour" sauce until my coworker told me that's what it was. Instead of being red in color, this stuff was a watery salmon color and did, indeed, taste watered down. Weird. Things got worse when the food arrived. I ordered Sesame Beef. This dish was god-awful. The pieces of beef were giant wads of tough, sinewy meat. It smelled dead. I didn't try my coworker's dish but I've never seen Pad Thai with big slices of white onions in it before. He said it tasted alright. He must have been hungry or not in his right mind. Proceed to Bamboo Garden at your own risk.

3  Thank Jon S
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We enjoyed a delicious meal here. The menu is quite varied, extensive sushi choices. I had shrimp and scallops in garlic sauce with brown rice. I recommend you try this restaurant and find your favorite on their menu.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

I have dined at the Bamboo Garden in Windsor many times in the past, and every time I have visited, I have found the restaurant to be very clean which is important to me. The atmosphere is quiet with no children screaming and running around, and I have never experienced any loud, obnoxious people dining at this restaurant. There are many choices on the menu, so I am positive that most every person can find something that they like. Everything I have ordered has been very tasty. The only issue is the language barrier, as I have found that sometimes the wait staff does not fully understand what I am trying to say. But that's okay, since this restaurant does a great job of preparing food and of keeping the dining area very clean.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

We live in Windsor and get takeout from Bamboo Garden at least once a month, although we have dined in on occassion as well. The reason we stay loyal? Delicious food, attention to detail when order is placed (I sometimes ask for certain ingredients to be withheld) and friendly service. The wontons are not too "doughy", which makes me a huge fan of the wonton soup. The Chicken Amazing is my favorite!