“Good Korean fiod”
Review of Angry Tofu

Angry Tofu
Ranked #6 of 77 Restaurants in Wethersfield
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Went last night for a quick relatively inexpensive dinner . They give out free little bowls of stuff to try like pickles, fried tofu and kimchi . The wings were great and the rice bowl with tofu was excellent. I think the chicken and tofu are a little better than the beef, which is just Ok. Overall not very expensive and right off the highway. Would go again

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

This has been my favorite restaurant since last year. I lived in Korea for a year and when I got home I was craving Korean food. My parents found this place and met the owner who is the sweetest person. The service is great and the food is phenominal. I walk into the restaurant and smells like some of the restaurants in Korea. The menu is self explanatory but if you have questions on what exactly an item is, the wait staff will answer your questions. There is different levels of spicy (Korean food can be pretty darn spicy) so if you are not into extremely spicy food then you have some wiggle room. There are plenty of food items that are not spicy at all. You also get side dishes before your meal that can be refilled free of charge. All the food is great and I think it's a great place to start your Korean food adventure if you have never tried it before. I had my birthday there in September and went back twice in one week in October. It can be a little pricey for dinner if you consider $25 for a plate expensive. But personally I think it's worth it .

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

My friend and I wanted to try something new. I had never been to a Korean restaurant before and now I think this may be my new favorite. We were seated quickly for a Friday night. Half the tables were full. The decor is simple, but clean. The servers were wonderful with suggestions. We ordered the steamed dumplings, bulgogi, and the chicken hot stone pot. All of the dishes were so delicious and full of flavor! The bulgogi is marinated beef with many condiments and that entree alone would have filled up two people. It's true there is a huge difference in price between lunch and dinner but it is definitely worth the money. There was kimchi, fish, tofu, bean sprouts?, cucumbers in the small dishes. Each had its own unique flavor. I loved that the hot and spicy cucumbers and kimchi were packed with flavor. It didn't just have heat. It was fresh and delicious. The unique flavors of each item complimented the marinated beef so well. The hot stone pot has rice, veggies like carrots, spinach, etc, your choice of meat, and a sunny side egg on top. Since we shared the entrees, we added the sauce on our own plates. This is something I will definitely order again too! I brought home the few leftovers and my family loved it too. This is a small restaurant attached to a Dunkin Donuts so I'm sure a lot of people have driven by many times like me without trying it. Don't let the outside fool you. This is a hidden treasure and the food is outstanding. It's so refreshing to eat really delicious food that's not like all the other places around here. Who would've thought I would like Korean food too? Give it a try. I will definitely be back to try the other dishes!

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Found it by accident ever since I been here more than a hand full of time very friendly wait staff and management food is EXTREMELY GOOD !!! can't go wrong witn anything on the menu

Reviewed 2 July 2017

My family visited this restaurant while on vacation in Hartford. We passed by it driving to another restaurant for brunch and decided to give it a shot later in the day. The restaurant is clean and unassuming (sharing a building with Dunkin Donuts. The wait staff is very attentive and friendly. The menu is limited and easy to read, albeit if you are not familiar with Korean food be prepared to ask a lot of question which the wait staff will be more than happy to answer. The food was quickly prepared, very tasty and authentic (surprising to find in CT). So, if you like spicy food, give it a try. Prices are average for korean food so figure about $20 to 25 per person. It located a 15 minute drive south of downtown Hartford so easy to get to.