“Great solo dining”
Review of The Cottage

The Cottage
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cottage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 180 Restaurants in Westport
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

This area of Westport is nice and this restaurant is very nice. I had a cocktail and appetizer which came out in no time. Seating at the bar was perfect at the time and service was well received. It’s a cute cozy spot for either a solo night or an easy going date night.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

If you enjoy high prices and small portions, then this is the place for you.
The pastrami and brisket appetizers were delicious - and that's what I would recommend, along with their burger. Everything else, we tried was not small, but extremely small. The burrata at $17 was a tiny mound surrounded by strawberries and a pistachio swirl - different, but inadequate. The lobster spaghetti was probably enough for my six year old grandson, but not for my 35 year old son - it was more like an appetizer portion. After our appetizers, we waited 45 minutes for our main courses - which definitely put a damper on the evening. There are other lovely restaurants in Westport - go elsewhere....

Reviewed 8 July 2018

I love this place. The menu changes daily depending on the whims of the chef. The restaurant is cozy, a bit noisy and a great experience overall. Each time I come I order a different entre and I am never disappointed. Westport is a town of fine dinning restaurants and this is at the top of the list.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I’m really used to like this place but I’ve liked the menu has not been very good and the quality of the food coming out of the kitchen is far from acceptable given the high prices. Most disappointing. Get your Sunday lunch isorted

Reviewed 6 June 2018

The description in one of the review sites included "experimental" - always a draw for us. We were rewarded with drinks that I'm certain you won't find anywhere else and three wonderful courses; spicy squid and broccoli appetizer - the squid was so fresh it must have been caught just as we arrived, a salmon main course with a wonderful mixture of tastes and textures including burnt garlic, perfectly prepared, an incredible halibut dish prepared with a cauliflower couscous (!), and a carrot cake with a generous fantasmic toffee sauce and creme-fresh. As a result of our visit, we made a pact that we will henceforth stop spending money at "B" class venues and save up for our return. Well worth it!