“Best in USA”

Swagat
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2014

basically i am from India and YOU all know Indians eat lot of spice foods ,and i am here at swagat i was expecting some indo-amarican style of food but i was wrong it blow my buds of my tong OMG the food was soooooooo go sooooooo good i kept eating and eating best food in USA

Reviewed 21 December 2012

Somehow, this place has changed---and not for the better. The food is just "okay", and they frequently run out of items listed on the menu, some of which are staples in Indian cuisine. I feel sorry for them as it was once a nice meal, at good value, but they are not up to par with other Indian restuarants, and their willingness to try to please does not make up for the things they lack.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

We go to Indian restaurants often and heard this was good so we gave it a try. My wife was not impressed at the run down nature of the place but since we were there we decided to stay and I am glad we did. Service was friendly and food was better than "highly rated" Indian places in new haven at 1/2 the cost. If you want an impressive restaurant stay away if you want great fresh spicy food this is your place.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Everytime I go here, I ask the owner (John) to make me something different. I have eaten here roughly 15-20 times and it is always AMAZING. If you love spice and good food. Swagat is the place.

My two year old loves the Mango "lessi" !

Reviewed 19 March 2012

A Monday night dinner alone offered an unexpected pleasure at this tucked away Indian restaurant in West Haven. Flavorful and spicy tender chicken was mellowed by a generous helping of rice, more than necessary for one, despite the bargain price of $11. The owner/chef John took the time to chat, although reportedly Thursday through Saturday the place is hopping. Be forewarned: no alcohol appeared on the menu. Well worth the trip; makes me want to try John's very successful lunch cart. Don't go for the ambiance; this rating is based on the quality and presentation of the food alone. This restaurant has just celebrated its 10th anniversary, certainly a telling tribute for a small establishment.