“Room was great, everything else very basic”

BEST WESTERN Executive Hotel of New Haven-West Haven
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in West Haven
Dublin, Ireland
“Room was great, everything else very basic”
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Our room, although dated, was huge and comfortable and had everything we needed. Breakfast was the worst I've ever experienced in a hotel. The common areas in the hotel were shabby and run down and I didn't even bother using the pool, it looked pretty miserable. We were staying here for a weekend to attend a wedding and there wasn't that many accommodation options, it was a little on the expensive side for what we got. The staff were pleasant and helpful. A lot of the wedding guests stayed here but those who stayed across the road at The Hampton Inn seemed happier.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank R2theB
best1234, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Executive Hotel of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the BestWestern Executive Hotel. I appreciate your taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.I am disappoited we failed to give you the fine accomodation/attention/service and consideration we strive for with all our guests-the type of service we pride ourserlves in. Please know that your comments have been reviewed in detail with our department head. And steps have been taken to ensure these faults are solved promptly and impeccably for our guests,

Best Western Executive Hotel
490 saw Mill Road
Weast Haven CT.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
West Haven, CT
Reviewed 3 September 2011

The room we were given was not worth $150+ per night. The ceiling was peeling from what looked like it could have been water damage. As soon as i arrived i assessed the room and decided we were not staying. The front desk at first was not trying to refund our money until my boyfriend threatened to call the authorities. The room had been booked for only about an hour so there should have been no argument. I was able to find another hotel for half the cost and the room was amazing.
Im dissapointed because over the years the quality of this hotel has taken a real nose dive. Ive stayed here 3 other times and each time hoping it would be a better experience found it to be the exact opposite. I honestly wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank MoniqueF
best1234, Manager at BEST WESTERN Executive Hotel of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this review, 10 September 2011
Thank you very much for your comments . I have investigated your comments and will take steps to ensure that the problems you experienced do not happen again. My staff will also be made aware of your comments and we will all take immediate corrective action.

If you need any assistance, Please feel to call me at 203-933-0344.

Guest & Services manager
Best Western Executive Hotel.
490 saw Mill Road
West Haven Ct. -06516

Travellers are raving about these West Haven hotels

Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We had no power and water at my house and thanks to Best Western Exec. Hotel we were able to sleep a night with AC and take hot showers in the AM. Checking in was a disaster but it was not the hotels fault. It was hotel.com fault and I'd never book with them again. The hotel did make an effort to fix the problem. The room my mother and I stayed in was on the 5th floor. I think the hotel needs to have a renovation personally, from top to bottom literally. The room was dated but the beds - so comfortable. I agree with a previous poster who said they are limited on the shampoo - one bottle. There was no conditioner and maybe one bar of soap. Also only two towels, and by the time I actually was able to check into my room (9pm) housekeeping had left so I wasn't able to get more towels.

There is a pool and apparently breakfast but I didn't check either out.

Either way the hotel worked for what I needed it for. I'd say this place is a good place for a night or two, not much to do right around it though the beach is close.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments with us about your recent stay in West haven. Your feed back is important to us as we continue to look to exceed our guests expectation.

I am disappointed we failed to handle all of your requirements in a satisfactory manner and I appreciate your constructive critique of our performance. You have alerted us to an area needing attention and corrective action has been taken.

Guest & Services Manager
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Good selection of breakfast items: eggs, sasauge, cereals, fruits, etc. Hotel is about 5 min from the University of New Haven. Bed seemed a little worn out, I was sinking to the center of the bed

Room Tip: 2 view options-the freeway or Walmart, I chose Walmart to avoid any possible freeway noise
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments with us about your recent stay in New-Haven-West HAVEN
. YOUR FEEDBACK IS IMPORTANT TO US AS WE CONTINUE TO LOOK TO EXCEED OUR GUESTS EXPECTATION.

Your observation have aided us in locating areas of our service needing improvement.

Guest & Services manager
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Been here for a vacation with my friends last May 21, 2011. The service and accommodation was great and would like to come back again here the next time I visit CT.

I asked one of the receptionists the name of their manager due to their good service and she told me - Jocelyn Rojas. I wasn't able to meet their manager in person to tell her about this great experience. I'd want to tell her to continue training/assisting all of the employees in this hotel to maintain the good service they have been contributing to their customers. I do hope she gets this message (hehe).

Well keep up the good work guys! Hope my comment will bring you more customers to have them experience one of the best times there in CT! Ü

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
bw07016, Manager at BEST WESTERN Executive Hotel of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this review, 13 August 2011
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay in West Haven. Your feedback is important to us as we continue to look to exceed our guest expectation. I will be sharing your comments to all the staff especially the Front Office Staff

We look forward to seeing you again. In the meantime if we may be of any assistance, please contact me at 203-933-0344 ext 115.

we appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Executive Hotel the next time you are in the New-Haven-West Haven area. We can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

Guest & Services Manager
5.7 km away
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale
6.2 km away
Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven

Been to BEST WESTERN Executive Hotel of New Haven-West Haven? Share your experiences!