“Best Vietnamese in CT ”

Vietnam Restaurant
Ranked #80 of 189 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

This is my all time favorite Vietnamese restaurant in the world. I travel from Hebron to come to this restaurant because it is the only one I will eat at. My family has been coming here since before I was born. The staff is beyond friendly and they care about the people that come in there. Every time I go in they ask about my other family members if they are not with me and they remember personal details about our lives. The food is OUT OF THIS WORLD. First you have to get the ravioli. The peanut sauce that they make to go with it is irreplaceable. I have searched near and far and nothing comes close to comparing. Then I always order 3 entrees and end up taking most of it home. The pancakes are my absolute favorite. They are done crispy but not greasy like other Vietnamese places can be and they come out cooked to perfection. I like any of the pancakes tofu chicken shrimp, you can't go wrong. Another favorite is the chicken fried rice. It is not your traditional Asian fried rice it has certain flavors that make it extra special. And I always add extra fish sauce to everything. The sauce is so good I could drink it. Another traditional favorite is the pho soup! Better then any pho place around! And my boyfriend loves the shaken beef. You will not be disappointed at this place. It has and always will be my favorite restaurant.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

This place is nothing fancy but the food is fresh and the service is as friendly as you will find anywhere. The cashew chicken is perfect with loads of fresh vegetables.

Reviewed 22 March 2016

A small local shop, the decor is fairly plain, the food is well prepared and spiced. I love the fresh spring rolls (called Vietnamese Ravioli on the menu) the curried tutu and the shaken chicken. This is also a nice place to take your vegetarian friends.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

Food is always fresh and the owner usually takes care of us. Love the pho and spring rolls. Portions are adequate and always leave full.

Reviewed 3 June 2015

I came here during a job interview, liked the 'shaken chicken', and came back on my own time. Ingredients are fresh, presentation is good, staff is pleasant but doesn't hover. I haven't had a bad meal here, and I have my favorite dishes. The location is pleasant but not fancy, background music is very good. The ingredients are very fresh (and I noticed one of the staff sitting with a pile of snow peas carefully cutting the stringy edge off with a knife, which is a good indication of the care they put into their dishes).