“I live this neighborhood place!”
Review of Vietnam Restaurant

Vietnam Restaurant
Ranked #80 of 203 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 30 June 2015

Food is always fresh and the owner usually takes care of us. Love the pho and spring rolls. Portions are adequate and always leave full.

Date of visit: June 2015

Reviewed 3 June 2015

I came here during a job interview, liked the 'shaken chicken', and came back on my own time. Ingredients are fresh, presentation is good, staff is pleasant but doesn't hover. I haven't had a bad meal here, and I have my favorite dishes. The location is pleasant but not fancy, background music is very good. The ingredients are very fresh (and I noticed one of the staff sitting with a pile of snow peas carefully cutting the stringy edge off with a knife, which is a good indication of the care they put into their dishes).

Date of visit: March 2015
Reviewed 3 November 2014

Vietnam isn't the fanciest place but we have been going there for over 20 years. Excellent food, service and pricing ! You can get out of there for under $40 for dinner for two with appitizers.
You can also bring your own beer or wine.

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed 5 October 2014

We've been going here for years and the food is very good. The prices are very reasonable. I love the tofu rice stick soup and the Vietnamese ravioli. A gem. Not fancy -- but consistently good. Family friendly!

Date of visit: August 2014
Reviewed 29 September 2014

I've been eating here for about 30 years and the food has always been good. I just ate here 2 days ago and realized that I have never written a review. This is my favorite Vietnamese restaurant! The decor has not changed much over the years and it is a very simple, practical set-up, so if you are looking for a fancy looking restauarant, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for delicious, authentic Vietnamese food and don't need fancy decor, then this IS the place for you. Plus, the meals are more affordable ithout the fancy decor. The shrimp rolls taste exactly like my Vietnamese friend's mother makes. I love the Ginger Chicken with Broccoli and the Sauteed Chicken with Lemongrass. Occasionally I have the Chicken over Rice Noodle, Shaken Beef, or one of the soups. They also have plenty of vegetarian options when we dine with friends.

Date of visit: September 2014