“Not a restaurant, but if you want the best in Middle Eastern ingredients”

Noujaim Middle Eastern Bakery
Ranked #5 of 21 Bakeries in Waterbury
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 29 December 2017

This is the place for you. Very small, long-time Lebanese grocery/bakery. The BEST homemade bread. We frequent the store. Grape leaves, tahini, bulgar wheat, middle eastern spices. Fantastic desserts! Just like family. The Noujaim family has been a staple of the area for decades. We come from Wallingford and make many trips per year. Personal service, smiling faces. The best for all your cooking needs.

Reviewed 25 August 2015

I did not know what to expect on entering this unassuming middle eastern bakery for the first time. I looked around and was surprised that there were not more baked goods on display so I ended up asking the owner if he had any spinach fatayer, a.k.a. as pies? He said yes, so sight unseen, I ordered a pair. After he showed them to me, he placed them in a small paper bag. I again inquired if he had spinach and feta fatayer? Yes was the response to which I responded, I will take 2. Lastly, I said is that baklava in the display case? Yes, well give me 2 of those as well. On returning home the 2 of us, my wife and I, each had a spinach & feta fatayer that featured a light crust, a bountiful filling and wonderful flavor. Though the baklava was not as lights as to I am accustomed, it was no less delicious. I asked my wife if she had luncheon plans for today, alas we will be sharing the last 2 fatayers. A couple of final notes - prices are more than reasonable, actually crazy cheap, and the various types of pita looked mouthwatering. Will I be returning? I will give you 2 guesses and no is not an option.

1  Thank westie2
Reviewed 23 June 2015

Best Middle Eastern food I have ever had. The pita, the fatayer, the falafel, the baklava, the service. I cannot say enough about my experience. If you are anywhere in CT, or travelling through CT, make this a mandatory place to stop for a meal or a snack. Anything you choose will be delicious. The owner is the nicest man I have ever met, a hard worker, who always has a smile on his face and story or two of the old country. I cannot recommend this place enough!

1  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I definitely recommend this place. It has a small grocery filled with Middle Eastern supplies and the homemade pita is amazing. I've tried a lot of Pita, and this one is the best I've ever had.
The Owner was also very friendly and helpful, It's a little bit of a drive for me, but I try to go back as much as possible and stock up! You have to give this place a try =)

2  Thank Kris C
Reviewed 14 April 2012

My friend insisted that I had to try this place where they primarily bake middle eastern food. I was a little skeptical at first but the food was amazing! I had these awesome triangle stuffed spinach pies(they also have meat ones for all you meat eaters out there), warm pitas with tabouli and labne that left me wanting more. Now whenever I pass by the bakery I have to make a point to bring something back home to my family and friends. You MUST try this place, so get in your car and make a trip there!

3  Thank stacy s