All reviews relaxation room main building amazing spa new england dining experiences country house outdoor pool spa staff exercise equipment garden room fireplace cottage whirlpool antiques
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Excellence on every level.... beautifully decorated with the most inviting and cozy sitting rooms and parlors on the first floor. The wood panelled library is so inviting.... beautiful books surround you in this intimate library with a blazing fire going at the hearth; can you imagine anything better?!!!
The dining room is lovely and our favorite, the Tap Room is just perfection. Food is terrific- beautiful presentation, delicious and best quality. Bar is great fun too.
The Manager, Monica, is the most gracious and charming young lady EVER ! This is a Chateau and Relais rated country inn.
Almost forgot to mention the gorgeous gardens and specimen trees and the superb spa facilities. Mayflower Inn is perfection. Highest recommendation

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Monica_Neumann, General Manager at Mayflower Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Dear Ms. Fox,

Thank you so much for your very kind and complimentary review. We are delighted to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, our property and our services. Our team members always strive to create memorable experiences for our guests and when they are able to successfully do so, it is very rewarding.

We hope that your visit provided the pause that truly refreshed. We, likewise, hope that we may look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future. If ever I can be of assistance with reservations, I hope you will not hesitate to call me directly. it would be my pleasure to be of service,

Thank you for choosing Grace Mayflower Inn and Spa. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Monica T. Neumann
Grace Mayflower Inn & Spa.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We recently enjoyed the Grace Mayflower Inn and Spa and wanted to share our little piece of heaven with you. This is the most amazing spa environment that I have ever seen and the attention to detail this spa has paid to enrich their guests is beyond question the finest experience I have ever enjoyed.
We had lunch delivered to us at the Spa and the service and food was excellent. On the tour of the spa - you will witness the most high technical exercise equipment that has ever been built and the pool and hot tubs are first class.
The Spa is managed by Lise Sargent who is extremely helpful and she was able to assist our group with a totally amazing experience. This place was like going to heaven - the spa waiting area has the most exquisite chaise lounge chairs I have ever sat on and the chenille blankets will make you feel like a baby.

Room Tip: Call Ahead and read the spa menu - the menu will relax you.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Monica_Neumann, General Manager at Mayflower Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Kodiak Ed,

Thank you for your very generous review. We are thrilled that you so enjoyed the spa. It really is a very special place, designed by a gifted architect to capture the essence of our natural wooded surroundings, bringing the beauty of the outdoors in, whether in the Garden Room or in the pool area, beautiful at all times of the year.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your weekend and, hopefully, it truly was the pause that refreshed. Be assured your kind remarks will be shared with our entire team and, most especially, with Lise.

We hope that we may look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. If I may ever be of assistance with reservations, please do not hesitate to call me directly. It would be my pleasure to be of service.

Monica Neumann

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Mayflower has seen its prime. The property is tired. It's family run atmosphere has been replaced with a subpar substitution by Grace and as such its once vibrant stellar grand dame status is long gone. The spa hot tub was filthy and should be shut down. Dining room was below average. I hope they improve their cleanliness throughout the property. Will not recommend until something changes.

Stayed: November 2017
8  Thank ALL_IS_GRACE

Dear ALL_IS_GRACE,

Thank you for taking the time to share your expereince with us. We are so sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. Certainly, it is never our intent to disappoint and, when we do, we sincerely regret having fallen short. We wish we could erase this expereince for you, but, unfortunately, we cannot. We can only apologize and assure you that we are addressing your concerns.

We hope, in the future, that you will give us a second opportunity to regain your confidence. When travel next brings you to the Washington area, if you would be kind enough to call me directly, it would be my pleasure to personally handle your reservations. We hope to be able to welcome you back to Grace Mayflower Inn & Spa for an expereince more in keeping with your expectations.

Thank you.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

The Mayflower Inn is extraordinary. The service is exemplary, the site is breathtaking, and the food is exquisite. During our April weekend getaway we were awed from the moment we entered the property. A sense of tranquility descends as you approach the hotel. Polished professionals attend to your every whim. The attention to detail is astounding. The spa is beyond luxurious. One could go on about the Frette sheets, the gorgeous decor, the magnificent vistas but those should be experienced firsthand. Yes it is, as some have noted expensive. You live once. Make sure that at some point you go to the Mayflower. It is restorative and will certainly rekindle an awareness of how truly beautiful the world can be.

Room Tip: Have stayed in the main hotel and one of the outlying buildings - both were perfect.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MarFrank2018
Monica_Neumann, General Manager at Mayflower Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

DearMarFrank2018,

Thank you for your very kind and generous review. Needless to say, we are thrilled to know that you so enjoyed your weekend with us, found our offerings to be memorable, our team, attentive and your visit, restorative,. This is our fondest wish for all our guests, so we are delighted to hear that this was your expereince. Given our location on 58 beautiful acres in the stunning Litchfield Hills of Connecticut, with an impressive 20,000 square foot spa, we believe we offer a setting in which, for a brief moment, one can, hopefully, take a step back, as you did, from the hectic pace of daily life to relax, unwind and enjoy the beauty of nature.

We hope that we may look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. If I can ever be of personal assistance with reservations, please do not hesitate to call me directly. It would be my pleasure to be of service.

Thank you for choosing Grace Mayflower Inn & Spa.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

I spend a night at the hotel for my birthday and I was not disappointed. The property is amazing. The outdoor pool is lovely, the spa was unforgettable, my room was absolutely beautiful, the food was fantastic and each and every person I dealt with was beyond reproach. I highly recommend a visit, although I will say that it it should probably be for a "special occasion", as it's pricey, but worth every penny.

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank klh212
Monica_Neumann, General Manager at Mayflower Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Dear klh212,

Thank you for your kind remarks. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, had a memorable birthday and that we were able to meet your expectations. We are fortunate, indeed, to have a beautiful property and a world class spa, but, most importantly, to have a team committed to providing genuine, caring, sincere and anticatory service. They always strive to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations, so to read your comments will be a great reward for them.

We hope we may look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future. If I can ever be of personal assistance, I hope you will not hesitate to call me directly. It would be my pleasure to be of service.

Again, we wish you a very happy birthday, the start of a great year ahead!

With all best wishes,