“Local cuisine ”

Los Mariachis Wallingford
Ranked #30 of 188 Restaurants in Wallingford
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Los Mariachis Wallingford is one of the top restaurants located in Wallingford, CT. We are renowned for our authentic Mexican dishes - just ask the critics and our regular customers.
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

So glad we stumbled across this restaurant. It was a Monday night and the place was packed. Authentic Mexican food. Fresh margaritas. I just wish the weather was nicer so we could have ate outside. Nice patio.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience. Our meals were exquisite. Prices are more than reasonable for the high quality authentic food.
Hats off to the manager Loren for personally handling our visit. We highly recommend you give Los Mariachis Wallingford a chance. They are our favorite Mexican location now!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for a late dinner when not much else was open in Wallingford (Kitchen closed at 9pm, bar open until 10pm on weeknights). Food was good, margaritas were average, service was friendly.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 20 August 2018

I've been to this restaurant a few times, some times were better than others. The worst experience was when the music was too loud and the dining room was too crowded. Too many people and the tables were pushed too close together. My mother uses a walker and we couldn't get through to the table we were supposed to sit at, so we had to wait for one closer to the entrance. The other times I've been there we didn't have those issues! The food is good and reasonably priced. There's a small outdoor seating area in the nice weather.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

For whatever reason I was in the mood for Mexican food. The front desk had two suggestions. I decided to go to Los Mariachis. In their add they say have been serving "authentic Mexican food since 2006."

For a Wednesday evening the limited parking lot was full so I ended up parking on the street. After I arrived I found out it was Trivia night.

I was able to sit at the bar, but the service was a little slow. The bartender was hustling but the slower service could have been because of the Trivia night crowd, most of whom seemed to be seated outside.

The menu is extensive with many Mexican options. They also have a very long list of margaritas, tequilas and beers...both Mexican and domestic.

They have your usual listing of Mexican food like tacos, burritos, chimichangas, quesadillas and dinners like enchiladas, carnitas and carne asada to name a few.

I ordered the enchiladas which you get a choice of either chicken or steak with red or green sauce. I went with the steak and green sauce. The enchiladas are topped with lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. The entree also included refried beans and rice. When the plate arrived I had three corn tortillas covered is shredded white cheese with one slice of tomato and lettuce. In my opinion the cheese could have been melted just a bit more. By the time it got to me it was one big web of cheese covering the enchiladas.

The taste was fine, but it was nothing special or exceptional. Average Mexican food. Should I want Mexican food again while in the area I would probably try to other restaurant suggested by the front desk so that I would have a basis of comparison. I am in no rush to return.

Date of visit: May 2018