“Try this place!”

Pig Rig BBQ
Ranked #2 of 188 Restaurants in Wallingford
Price range: US$3 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Outrageous Hickory Smoked BBQ Joint and hot rod food truck. Real Pit, state of the art Smokehouse.
Reviewed 2 November 2018

From walking in the place was clean, staff was friendly and the smell to die for. The menu was easy and they did a trivia question for a free rib. The sauces are a great selection and I fell in love with the Carolina sauce. We ordered the chili mac and cheese which was sooo spicy and amazing. The regular pork mac and cheese which I loved! The rib ends meal, my favorite. The ribs were perfectly tender but held together. The brisket...one of the best Ive had. Don't leave without the key lime pie.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

I ate ribs everyday I was in Nashville. This place was the best!! And I normally prefer BBQ sauce over rub but this was amazing!! Mac and cheese was awesome too!! Can't wait to go back!!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Driving home from Boston area to NJ and wanted better food than the customary quick stop. Found this place via TA and the reviews were 100% correct. I ordered the brisket platter which was excellent. My wife ordered the pulled pork sandwich and that was very good as well. All in all a good find passing through town. As it were the couple behind us was on line and they were traveling from NYC to Boston and had the same idea. Good thing for Trip Advisor.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

First all the staff made us feel welcome and asked if we had any questions about the menu. It was the best BBQ we have had in New England. If we drive down 91 again we will make a detour to eat here again!!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 30 August 2018

We have Pig Rig for our daughters graduation party. They were really easy to work with. We discussed how many people and they were right on with how much food I should order. Everyone at the party loved the pulled pork, ribs, chicken thighs and macaroni and cheese. Stopped there for dinner last week and it was again it was great food, quick service.

Date of visit: June 2018