“pleaseantly surprising tonight”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Reviewed 27 October 2018

We havent been here for a long time because everything we liked was removed from the menu. I saw a TV commercial stating the mushroom jack fajitas was back so I had to go. It was as delicious as I remembered! We also noticed the dessert, Paradise Pie, had returned so we needed to try that. Our server was telling each table of new items and promos that were available which impressed me because we don't see that at Chilis in the past. She even noticed that one of our meals qualified for a promo price. Thank you Casey! Because of her actions we will be returning, unless things are removed again.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We went there with our kids for dinner on a Saturday night around 5pm. Service was very slow. The kids ordered off the kids menu. The grilled cheese was hard and looked like it had sat out for a bit before being served. We also got an app, the queso duo with chips. The dip was not very warm and the chips were super greasy. After we finished eating we waited for about 15-20 minutes just for the waitress to come back to check out.

Date of visit: September 2018
DylanT605, Guest Relations Manager at Chili's Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Hey Jennie, we're sorry we let you and your family down with our service and food quality recently. We'd like to hear more of your thoughts on how we can improve. Please give our Guest Engagement Team a call at 1-800-983-4637 at your earliest convenience. Thanks!

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

Good choices - they have 2 for $22.00,
Includes appetizer- choice of meal / portions are large ( not cut back) - refills on sodas or water / no extra charge , well worth the money- you don't leave hungry!
Staff is friendly & courteous and very knowledgeable.
Give it a try - you won't be sorry!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 10 July 2017

The good:

--we were seated right away, 530pm on a Sunday. No wait.
--our waitress seemed equally annoyed that our food took SO LONG to arrive.

The not good:
--my husband is a vegetarian. He ordered the quesadilla explosion salad which typically comes with chicken - he specified NO MEAT and yet found a piece of chicken in the salad; almost as if they made it with the chicken and then tried to pick it out :(
--the food took forever to arrive - literally half an hour for tacos and a salad - and when it finally did get to our table, my tacos were so cold that the cheese was still cold/not melted. My guess is the tacos probably sat in the window for ten minutes while they tried to pick the chicken out of my husbands salad.

We won't go back.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 21 February 2017

We went here suggested by my sister who lives in Meriden along with an old friend and myself and had no problem getting a table right away around 5:30ish today. Very nice waitress that provided us good service. My friend ordered us a chicken wing appetizer to start with and my sister ordered the Prime Rib Burrito for her entree, my friend ordered the ultimate bacon burger and I ordered the Grass-fed Sunrise Burger and wanted it "medium rare" but was corrected on either ordering it pink or not pink...ok I ordered it Pink.. the appetizer came within 10 mins or less and it was ok. About 10 mins-12mins after the appetizer our entree's came out and looking at my friends ultimate bacon burger I felt good that I didn't order that because It looked greasy or gravy lidden too much. My sisters Burrito's presentation was very nice and after sampling a couple of bites I agreed with the presentation that it was very Yummy and it was a BIG dish of food. My Burger looked very sloppy presented and it looked extremely greasy.. I know it had bacon along with cheese and sauce but it was weighted down with grease as well and not pink as I had asked for.... but the wetness and the taste of the grease just allowed for this poor review that that restaurant & "the cook' TRULY deserves....once again I understand cooking burgers, bacon or greasy items, if you don't take pride in allowing these items to purge out onto a paper plate or such first instead of throwing them right on the bun, you really need to be shown this or stick to doing just the fry-o-later or bussing, etc,, The bottom roll had completely mushed up into grease as it allowed me to let it soak on the plate so I was able to pick around....Not sure why I ate it other than to cause a fuss with in the presence of family and friends...Desert was one chocolate molten lava cake split 3 ways which was good and helped kill the after taste of the Burger.....like I said our waitress was good and my sister's burrito and our desert was good, but the burgers swam on their plates.......won't ever be back here again....MS

Date of visit: February 2017