“Excellent service and drinks”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #63 of 188 Restaurants in Wallingford
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Reviewed 26 May 2016

Went here for an early dinner as it was a bit hot to cook. You server was very good and explained a few things to us. I asked to try their BBQ rib sauce as I'm very picky. He brought me all four to try. I ended up getting the steak Fajita which was tasty but not as good as a Mexican restaurant that we normally go to

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed 4 January 2016 via mobile

Oh my goodness, if the server was any slower, we would have starved to death. The restaurant was not busy on our Sunday afternoon visit for a late lunch. Was seated immediately but had an extended wait for a server. Then an extended wait for her to bring our beverages. Another extended wait for a basket of tostadas and salsa. Then another long wait for her to take our order. Extremely disappointed with the service. Not offered beverage refills. The food was tasty. Chesodeaias were nice. Black beans were delicious. And to top it off, a long wait for our check.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed 25 October 2015

Had to go to Wallingford a few weeks back and I stopped here for lunch and had a very good meal. had one of the combo dishes, the sirloin and Monterey chicken. Always a good combo, get the loaded potatoes, that tops this off. Couldn't even guess the calorie count for this, probably astronomical,(that's why it taste so good)

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 1 September 2015

I've lived in Wallingford for over a decade and can honestly say I've been to Chili's a handful of times during those years... BUT they've recently upgraded their menu and their decor and the food is really sooo good! Not sure when this change took place but in the past 2 months, I've been there 3 times. The ingredients are fresh and the plates are visually appealing. Most recently had their smothered prime rib burrito and the ancho-chile sauce is scrumptious! I've also had their fish tacos and they were really good too. Again - the ingredients are all fresh and whether you want a nice light/crisp salad or a heartier meal - you can have it there. I'm not much for dessert, but my family loves their molten chocolate cake. If you haven't been their recently... I say, give it a try!

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 29 July 2015 via mobile

Had not been to Chili's in a while but it was not far from our hotel so we thought we would give it a try. The menu had good choices for Mexican as well as American food. Gluten free no problem, gluten free menu, also menu for other allergens. Service was good.

Date of visit: July 2015