“Dinner night”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

The ambience is great in this old converted bank. We decided to return to this restaurant after a previous less than exciting experience and unfortunately it was better but nothing great. Menu was interesting when reading and presentation was nice when arrived, but taste was nothing to talk about. This was not just my meal, but my wife's also, so this time is average. Very hesitant to return to try again. Not worth the cost.

Date of visit: July 2017
2  Thank keithgH1078QT

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

A converted bank the interior of this entry is beautiful. The fare it serves is less so. The prices were high for what you receive and the enters were so-so. The young wait staff could also use some additional polish. This place has a lot of potential, so I hope management addresses some of these issues to moves the restaurant out of the mediocre and into the memorable.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

The waiter was lovely and the food was terrific! The calamari and mac & cheese were our two favs! I ordered a special which was steak that was cooked to perfection.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 24 May 2017

My first visit to J. Christians was terrific, there really is no other word. I walked in and was taking in by the atmosphere, not formal, fantastic attention to the building's history, and excellent use of an upstairs eating area. The food is incredible with perfect portions, pairing well with either special cocktails or wine. Not being a creature of habit I don't visit often, however it is always a treat when I return. Reasonable prices, great atmosphere, and excellent food and drink... What you expect from any restaurant, however J. Christian's delivers!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Visiting area for college graduation. Pretty setting downtown with easy parking even on a weekend evening. Hostess greeted us and brought us to a table where we could converse. Liquor selections were limited but fairly priced. Our dinners items were tasty with generous portions. My wife enjoyed the short ribs and I the shrimp and grits.Less cheesy than in the Carolinas and spicier which was fine with me. Our waitress was helpful and friendly and we had an enjoyable and relaxing dinner.

Date of visit: May 2017