“Relaxing dinner in a lovely setting”
Review of J.Christian's

J.Christian's
Ranked #8 of 187 Restaurants in Wallingford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Visiting area for college graduation. Pretty setting downtown with easy parking even on a weekend evening. Hostess greeted us and brought us to a table where we could converse. Liquor selections were limited but fairly priced. Our dinners items were tasty with generous portions. My wife enjoyed the short ribs and I the shrimp and grits.Less cheesy than in the Carolinas and spicier which was fine with me. Our waitress was helpful and friendly and we had an enjoyable and relaxing dinner.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

We went here for an anniversary dinner and it was worth the trip and every single penny.
The cheese plate was put together excellently and was delicious.
I ordered the venison filets and they were the most flavorful and tasty cuts of venison I've ever had in my life.
My wife had the strip steak and she was very happy with it. The mashed potatoes were excellent.
The service was very pleasant and friendly.
The chocolate chip bread pudding was something you could only read about. It was fantastic. Just amazing. And the beignets were also very very good.
Everyone should make it a point to get here for a great dinner. I'd give them ten stars if I could!

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Food was tasty but the menu is pretty limited. I'm pretty picky and am typically a chicken and fish diner. I found little to chose from on the menu. Almost every dish was served with grits which were good but I would have preferred healthier options.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went to dinner last week. The service was amazing as always and dinner just as good

Reviewed 29 March 2017

I had read about the restaurant on the "only in your state" website. I was immediately interested when I saw that it was set in an old bank. The atmosphere was definitely unique, we sat upstairs next to the rail looking down, very cool. Tuna tartare appetizer was really nice. We had meatloaf and salmon for dinner. Both were very nice with large portions. Ended with a delicious flourless chocolate cake. Overall great first experience. Great way to start our night before our show at the Oakdale.