“Awesome service”

Roodle Rice and Noodle Bar
Ranked #27 of 187 Restaurants in Wallingford
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped by here on a rainy day for soup. Server recommended hot seafood ramen. It was really good. Also had the ice cream with banana roll and that wasn’t very good. Service was very good though.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Tried Roodle for the first time recently. There were four of us: my wife, my 12 year old grandson, my daughter's mother-in-law and me. It was our first visit and we were all pleased.
Drinks: two of our party ordered Thai iced tea which they found to be too sweet. I had the Japanese Melon Creamy Soda. It was delicious. A strong carbonated drink with a subtle honeydew melon flavor. Very refreshing.
Appetizers: we ordered the duck roti wrap. It was extremely tasty and enjoyed by all of us. We also ordered the Gyoza which is a pork dumpling either steamed or fried. We ordered it steamed. Also much enjoyed.
Main dishes: I ordered basil duck dish that was a special for the evening. It was a good sized serving of nicely prepared crispy duck with veggies in a spicy sauce (I asked for a mild spice treatment) with crispy basil leaves. The duck was terrific, but I did not think too much about the basil leaves. I enjoyed the dish which came with a generous portion of white rice.
Another ordered a beef special which was served with coconut sticky rice-very good as well. My wife and grandson shared a shrimp pad thai which they enjoyed as well.
The menus have very nice photographs of each dish to help the novice which is a very nice touch.
We tried the fried ice cream for dessert-it was okay.
All the food was good and the service was fine. One complaint--a minor one--they played loud music which really did not compliment anything and certainly could be eliminated.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

First time at Roodle. Great dinner noodle bowl was awesome lots of pork and pasta. The broth was out of this world. We are going back!

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Stopped in for a late family lunch and we were all very glad we did. The food was good and the portion sizes were great and there were lots of choices!

Reviewed 1 March 2018

We have been there twice. Each time the food was excellent and the service, although a bit lax, was nevertheless quite acceptable. The menu is quite extensive and be warned that '3 peppers' means HOT. I have yet to try the noodle dishes. The beer list even has a non-alcoholic beer. This is a good place. I don't give 5 stars to anything short of Paradise.

Date of visit: February 2018