See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed overnight with my kids. The place was very, very dirty. It smelled like it haven't been cleaned in years. The room was a disaster and they assined us smoking area, when they knew we had kids. Couldn't sleep at all. Will never stay in this place ever again. I do not recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Yvette R
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

GERMAN COCKROACHES EVERYWHERE!!!! Turned on lights and they were crawling to and from every crack and corner in the place! To and from mattresses. Don't get me started on the most disgusting mattress I have ever seen. If you don't want some hitch hikers in your luggage that will infest your home do not stay here. Had to go to Howard Johnston and get a room. Thank god I didn't unpack anything I'm there. If you step foot in one of their rooms you will have phantom roaches crawling all over you until you can take a searing hot shower.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank Shane S
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

The worst place I never seen, very nasty, terrible smell and no refund if you dont want to stay there , never never stay at Honney Spot, Jesus Christ never seen something like that, its worst yhan a Shelter

Stayed: May 2016
3  Thank Jenny B
Reviewed 9 August 2015

The desk clerk saw immediately that I was a family traveler and suggested I inspect the hotel, a converted Howard Johnson's, before booking a room. Thank you. The hallways and the room I inspected were filthy. Residents (and they were clearly long term residents in this clearly subsidized housing) were doing business with the front desk through bullet proof glass, using a little window. In the short time I was there, a police cruiser swung through on patrol ( so crime must be a problem)' saw many in state tags on cars, so not travelers, groups of people loudly conversing or yelling in parking lots, laundry hung up to dry. The food being cooked in the rooms actually smelled good, but that's another sign that people are settled here in low cost housing rather than traveling. I didn't see roaches, but I have lived in even well maintained apartment buildings where they appear between sprayings, so I would put money on a thriving population. It was interesting to see the property, but I am eternally grateful to the considerate clerk.

Room Tip: The high rating on service is in gratitude to the clerk who had me inspect the hotel before booking. That's an ironic kind of service.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family