“outstanding”

Ranked #8 of 28 Restaurants in Stonington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My wife and I have been to Zack's several times and never had a bad meal. The prime rib is awesome and enough for three people, but I ate it all. My wife had the two filets with scallops and loved it. We had the grilled mussels and the lobster bisque which was great. Always good service, always good food. I also had a salad three beers and she had two glasses of wime with tip $117.00., can't go wrong. The only regrets I have is that mostly locals go here and I am afraid that it word gets out Stonington will loose one of it's best known secrets to the tourists!

1  Thank Cody F

Reviewed 4 August 2011

We were going to go to another restaurant, but 3 hour wait was to long. Saw this place went when we saw a full parking lot. We were seated immediately and our family had everything from seafood to steak to burgers. All the food was great. The wait staff was very friendly and paid attention to detail. It is a small place with room at a premium. It seemed like a place for locals. We will eat there again when in the area next month.

2  Thank Skygem
Reviewed 21 November 2009

Zack's is located practically under the viaduct that connects Stonington Borough with the rest of the town. It's only a block off the primary routes, but is on a dead-end stub by the Amtrak tracks. Zack's is visited mostly by locals, but is busy and the food is fine local fare at a reasonable price.

1  Thank allseeingeye
Reviewed 8 October 2008

Serves good pasta, chicken, steaks and burgers in addition to shoreline favourites such as clam chowder, lobster rolls and fried fish. Day-of-the-week-specials include fall-off-the-bone ribs, meatloaf, prime rib and more. Additionally there are daily market-fresh specials in each category. The food is served piping-hot from the kitchen while still arriving perfectly timed for your entire group.

A really comfortable place for a relaxing night out away from the tourist insanity down on Water Street.

2  Thank Tleemur