“Local favorite”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2018

We arrived early for lunch anf glad we did.. Within minutes there was a waiting line in the off season. Says a lot about the quality of food and service. Go for it.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

Sunday evening on a holiday weekend is not always a great time to find a great restaurant on top of the game. Food was good but could have been a little warmer. The bar tender stared waiting on us and everthing was in the wrong order. The salad was the last thing to be delivered. I know the French always eat their salad but I am not real fun of this dining policy.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

Stopped in for a cup of coffee in the afternoon...was charmed by the setting, menu, and friendly staff. Came back later that night for dinner and had a really good roasted cod. The following night we'd planned to dine elsewhere, but the place was so loud we opted to come back to Dog Watch Cafe (which, I might note, has the same amount of seats or more but because they have sound baffles in the ceiling, is MUCH quieter) where I enjoyed their seared tuna over asian noodles -- yum!! Food and wine are priced fairly, service is friendly, atmosphere is relaxed and warm. My new favorite place in Stonington!

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

We went for lunch on a Monday. They have a large parking area which is good. They were full at 12:30 when we arrived so we waited at the bar. The have a good selection for beer and all the staff were very good. The food really isn’t what I would expect from the #1 restaurant in town, albeit we only had lunch. I had a “Rosie’s” pizza which was disappointing and my friends had the beef stew and a gluten free pizza. Overall an average experience.

2  Thank jamesfP5815SU
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Relaxed atmosphere, great food (try the pizza salad), and drinks. Soft serve foe the kids and after dinner dessert. Great sunset location.

Located in Dodson boatyard