“Wonderful WPA mural here- worth a visit to view”

The Ferguson Library
Ranked #4 of 16 things to do in Stamford
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Looking exactly what a New England library should look like, the prize here is a fabulous 30's WPA mural that was saved from loss in the 1970's
Also a nice bookstore and coffee shop here
Do visit

"adjoining"
"literary"
"browse"

Reviewed 5 March 2018

An amazing library, the renovation is spectacular. The collections is pretty good. Love what they're doing for the community! Keep it up. Must come here for anything you may need.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I have out of town friends who love this library for its collections and peace. I love it because I can contribute my used books to the bookstore and feel they get a new life, but I can also make purchases here that are really good bargains. Many events, including ESL conversation and literary folks.

1  Thank Nan F
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

As a life-long Stamford resident, I've been to this main branch of the Stamford Publuc Library many times. However, I do prefer the easy access of the branch libraries (easy/free parking).

I recently had the need to do some research and went to the reference area of this main branch. I was blown away what great resources. I am doing some genealogy research right now and I had full access to the Ancestory database. I could spend hours doing what I need to do and will do so over the next few months. This is a treasure in Stamford.

Although I did not visit it, they have a Starbucks inside, a small bookstore and what appeared to be a great children's section. Lots of audio books available too.

1  Thank RosemaryB_10