All reviews bit dated free parking juice and coffee water pressure comfy bed into nyc would stay again nice breakfast walking distance fresh fruit carbs microwave channels printer mall
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Clean, comfortable, basic accommodations. If you need a hot tub, water slide and pool, 2000 calorie breakfast, go elsewhere and pay twice as much. Our only complaint was the poor water pressure in the shower, but it was still sufficient. The breakfast is continental. Attractive traditional decor. We'll stay again if we're in this area.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Dark, dank, moldy, and generally older appearance. I felt like I was in a 40 year old hotel the moment I walked in. It was dark and smelled. Then into the room smelled musty/moldy. It wasn't my choice to stay here, but I hope I don't have to again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here and took the train into NYC. The hotel is a little dated and the water pressure isn't great. However, it's very clean and front desk staff was welcoming. The continental breakfast was very sparse and if you didn't get there early there wasn't much left. Very reasonably priced, would stay again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2018

The Amsterdam Hotel was a really good deal through Hotels.com and although it is a bit worn, the room was adequately furnished and the hotel was in walking distance of a mall and lots of eating choices. Uber and Lyft arrive in less than 2 minutes and most places around town were no more than $12 for a ride. Breakfast is bagels, pastries, cereal, juice and coffee, but there is a microwave, a coffee pot and a refrigerator in the room. There is a drugstore across the street so I walked over and picked up some snacks and soups as I was there for several days, and saved a bunch of $ by being able to prepare food in my room.

Room Tip: There is a freeway and a commuter train that travels nearby but they are just regular city noises.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2018

The area is not great in terms of safety, although it is rather close to downtown. The front desk is not very helpful. There's no one there ever. And the only woman that appears once in a while has no idea what's going on around her.

Also, the shower didn't work properly, going from boiling to freezing every few seconds.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo