All reviews free parking close to downtown complimentary breakfast great place to stay train station minute drive the shuttle driver rooms were very clean the breakfast area very nice hotel downtown stamford new york city night's sleep front desk staff nice stay into nyc one night stay
Reviewed 8 October 2018

They cater to everyone!! And they offer smoking rooms!! The decor is a little old, but the room was clean. The windows opened, so I could get the night air, which was refreshing. I loved the fact that I didn’t have leave my room to go smoke.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
VictorC5914, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Valued Guest (virginiakostowskie),

Thank you for your positive feedback on tripadvisor. We are all very happy to know how satisfied your stay was and how much you enjoyed our team. We hope to have the opportunity once again to welcome you back the next time you are in the area. Have a great day!

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Booked 5 rooms for a nearby college sailing event. No complaints. Restaurants within walking distance, rooms clean, beds comfortable. Lobby and bar area clean, Breakfast offering decent- and filled up 8 college kids.

Room Tip: we were located in the room next to the vending and ice machine on 4th floor and I never heard any additional noise.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest (BeckyRT),

Thank you for your positive feedback on tripadvisor. We are all very happy to know how satisfied your stay was and how much you enjoyed our location, nearby restaurants, our clean and comfortable beds and our hotel lobby area.. We hope to have the opportunity once again to welcome you back the next time you are in the area. Have a great day!

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Excellent stay at Hampton inn in Stamford, CT with very good services, great staff, great hospitality, cleanliness, will recommend my friends to go there, will book my stay again, enjoyed hilton honors

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
VictorC5914, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Valued Guest (MihirTravller),

We appreciate your positive feedback very much!. Great to know that your stay with us was an excellent one and that we provided you with good service, a great team and a clean property. Please come again real soon!

Reviewed 28 September 2018

Better than most Hampton Inns we have stayed at but also at a higher price. Check-in was easy but not seamless. Computers at front desk were shutdown. Garage attached is not easy to access nor is it connected to the hotel.

Room Tip: King non-smoking rooms are best choice.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
VictorC5914, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear Valued Guest (capec0dtraveler),

We appreciate your feedback and your response. We like the fact that you found our property to be better than most you've experienced as well as our satisfactory check in process which went effortlessly. Please come again real soon!

Reviewed 27 September 2018

When I travel for business, I rate the hotel with these conditions: 1) Service; 2) Functionality of the room (IE. Does it meet me needs); and 3) How well does the hotel follow its own rules (e.g. do they enforce the "no horseplay" rule with kids in the pool / hot tub area. So with that being said... in this case, #3 does not apply.

Traveled to Stamford, CT for a fundraiser and decided to finally cash in some of the several hundred thousand points I've built up. The fundraiser was at a Marriott, but I'm loyal to the Hilton brand, so I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suited in Stamford. The location was good as it was less than a half-a-mile to the event.

Parking was actually pretty good... especially given this hotel is right in the city. Check-in was smooth and easy (I always do the Hilton e-Check-in... wish more people did as it would move that line faster, but I digress). The gentleman working the front desk was so pleasant and friendly (it's because of him that this rating isn't lower). Then I get to my room and that's where things went down hill.

1) Bring a power strip!!! There is only 1 usable outlet by the desk!!! When I travel, I usually have two laptops, my phone and one or two other items that need charging. I'll often be working on two laptops at once. I have never... NEVER been to Hilton property where there was only 1 outlet by the desk... I've been to Red Roof Inns with more.

2) No chair in the room... look at their website. If you look at pics of the King rooms, you will see a comfy chair in the corner. No such chair in this room!!! Kinda makes it a little difficult to relax after a long day. There is definitely space for one... it's just not there. Again... Red Roof Inns have something other than a desk chair. When I went to the front desk to inquire, the lady told me that only some of the rooms have a chair. I asked then why that isn't noted on their website as the pictures tell a different story... no reply other than an apology.

3) Unable to adjust temp in room... thermostat wouldn't change. Temp got stuck on 64. I definitely like it cool but this was ridiculous. Again... no one could help.

So now, because there are outlets on the night stand that I can plug my other laptop into... instead of being able to move periodically to a different chair, I have to wheel a desk chair across carpet. The only good thing about this is that at least I won't have to work on legs at the gym later.

In any event... granted, this hotel is not horrible. Dated, yes... Rooms definitely need some TLC... but not horrible. But come on... no chair in a room and only 1 outlet by the desk. This is 2018 where most people have a couple devices that need charging... Oh, and bring a sweater...

Take this for what it's worth,

Chris

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Christopher R
VictorC5914, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Dear Valued Guest (Christopher R),

Thank you so much for your feedback. Our team strives to ensure an exceptional experience for each guest, and we are sorry we did not meet your expectations. We hate that you were unsatisfied with your stay but appreciate you addressing your concerns. Please also note that our hotel is scheduled for a full complete renovation within the next couple of months. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you our hospitality and to prove we truly value your patronage.