“"Great sushi and Thai food"”
Review of Sweet Mango

Sweet Mango
Ranked #22 of 204 Restaurants in Southington
Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

This was my fifth trip here and it takes me an hour to drive here!! The food is well worth the drive. It is hard to pick a favorite dish because there are so many to choose from. The sushi chef Leo is one of the best sushi chefs who ever served me. The sushi is always the freshest and served in generous portions. The hostess(pictured in this post) is very friendly and knowledgeable about all the items on the menu. She always makes great suggestions when I cannot decide what to eat. Sometimes she suggests items not not the menu that should be because they are that good. Just go there now and have one of the best experiences of your life.

1  Thank Charlie M

Reviewed 26 February 2016

My date and I had dinner at Sweet Mango a new restaurant in Southington which offers Thai and Japanese cuisine...it's a small cafe restaurant with a small bar. The hostess welcoming us was very cordial and the dishes we ordered had very nice presentation with sliced strawberries arranged ornately on the plate. However, this review would have been better had it not been for our waitress who seemed disinteressed in taking our order. Also, my date ordered the cashew shrimp and speciffically asked for it to be spicey...it was, not. On the other hand, my spicey lemongrass shrimp was extra spicey and seemed to have extra jalapeno peppers, which should have been for my date's order. My suggestion if you want delicious Thai food, albiet without the fancy presentation, go to Sweet Basil in Plainville..you won't be sorry...like we were.

Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

Dropped in for lunch, ordered sushi. King salmon was a special this day, a favorite of mine. I ordered sashimi (...see photograph).
Soooo fresh and sweet! I'm never disappointed here. The sushi chef remembered me, and his presentation was too beautiful to eat, but too fragile to take home...so, naturally I did eat it all - after showing it to other patrons nearby.

1  Thank Lionel E
Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

Went here for lunch one day and it was very good! They recommended new plates for me because I have never tried Thai food before! I was very pleased and cannot wait to go back!

Reviewed 11 December 2015

Stopped for lunch and found the menu very large with plenty to choose from. We had pad thai, drunken noodles, soup and drinks. All were fresh, well prepared and the service efficient and friendly. It is close to I84 and there seems to be plenty of parking.

1  Thank lkis229