“Great dinner”
Review of Southington #1 Mini Diner - CLOSED

Southington #1 Mini Diner
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Had supper here while traveling. We were early and the restaurant was not busy, until later. The portions were large and very tasty. We had French onion soup, pasta, and a sandwich and fries. Good value for the money.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We had chosen a nearby restaurant for dinner, but it was very noisy with a band playing, so we chose this restaurant as it was next door. As is often my choice at a diner, I had breakfast for dinner. The omelet was very good. However, I chose cauliflower for a side. It was late in the day, and I suspect the cauliflower had been around for many hours, as it was quite mushy. The waitress offered another choice, and the cole slaw was good. The kids meal came with beverage and dessert, which was nice for our grandson.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

After reading the previous reviews and the stuffed cabbage I decided to give it a try. The stuffed cabbage was good but if the waitress would have come back after serving the plate a bit of cheese would have even made it better. A desert pie or pudding was included in the price. The serving size was good. Little things like an extra napkin would have been great. Selection was fine.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

Its a small diner, tucked back from the road near a strip mall and the Southington movie theaters. I had driven by many times over the past year, never paid much attention to it. But, a few months ago I craved a diner breakfast and decided to check it out. Smart move! Since that first breakfast in February, I've eaten here 4 times. Breakfast food is very good, generous portions (always prepared flawlessly), good strong coffee, and attentive service. I've tried a few breakfast selections from their menu, and each time the food was great. I've settled on their omelets with a side of bacon (hearty, meaty bacon, not flat & fatty like some other diners).

I recommend this Mini Diner if you are hungry for a good old fashioned diner breakfast. It doesn't disappoint. I think its time for me to test their lunch menu next. Looking forward to it!

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Stopped here with my friend to eat. Just saw this diner while driving & we were hungry. Breakfast all day! Menu has almost everything. Had a breakfast sandwich on a hard roll and onion rings in the afternoon! Service was very friendly & quick....food was good. It also didn't take forever to get the check. There were a lot of people coming in so it seems to be popular here. I would definite come here again. Prices were good too, not expensive.