All reviews basketball court lake compounce egg whites off the highway waffles dunkin donuts next door light sleeper room suite central connecticut exceptional staff turkey sausage indoor pool liquor store full size fridge long stay top floor hot tub
Reviewed 23 July 2018

I revisited the Southington Residence Inn in July 2018, and I was very impressed by the improvements they have made to the hotel. To be frank, it was getting a little worn and tired, and it needed updating. Sometime late in 2017 or early 2018 they pulled the trigger on some upgrades and they all work nicely. This hotel now is back on the top of the list of my favorite business hotels in central Connecticut.

This was not a top-to-bottom renovation; it simply is a refresh. In each suite, some of the existing furniture was retained, for example, and the bathrooms were fine and did not get any changes. But where they made changes, they made good ones.

The colors are new and interesting. The artwork on the walls has been replaced. The sofa in the sitting room(s) was replaced. The desk is much larger, better located, and has much better electrical access for your rechargers (no more crawling on your knees). There now are outlets on the side-tables, sandwiching the bed, so you can have your cell by your bed and recharge it at the same time. The lighting is generally improved, as well. I think the WIFI system was upgraded also, and I know their geriatric TV system is scheduled to be revamped late this summer. All good.

In the dining room, they made many changes. There are fewer tables so the room is far less crowded. The high "working table" has been replaced by an equally large but lower table, with electricity and comfy chairs. The sitting area in front of the TV also has been modernized; the furniture is comfortable but odd-looking — you can decide for yourself if you like it.

There were two decisions I did not like. There is a lot of dark brown wallpaper in the hotel and it makes things gloomy. The hallways, in particular, look like a carpeted coal mine. Also, there is a very odd "mushroom" lamp or "globe" lamp right by the entrance to every suite. I nearly knocked it over when I walked in with my computer bag, and the glare from the unshielded lamp is harsh. Other than those items, the upgrades are very nicely done.

One cannot write about this hotel, however, and not mention again the exceptional staff they have here. Every single person is well-trained, extremely polite, and sincerely welcoming. They do a great job without the "robotic" welcome of some hotels. Here at the Southington Residence Inn, the welcomes are real and sincere.

Rooms here are about $150-200 a night, which represents a reasonable value in Connecticut. I definitely will be back.

Room tip: There is only one elevator and it is slow, so I prefer the rooms on the Ground Floor
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Rosemary V, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Southington, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

THANK YOU for taking the time to write an honest review. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the recent stay and thank you for noticing all of the details!

Rosemary

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I stayed here weekly for several months and found the staff friendly, breakfast good and rooms clean. If you stay on the very bottom flow (outside basement) the area can be stuffy in summer but great if you have dogs I found out. There are some section 8 regulars as well, everyone seems pleasant. Also a nice local pizza place up the hill, don't slip!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Rosemary V, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Southington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Thanks for writing a review.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

3 is a low score for a place that has an awesome staff, but the beds were just not comfortable at all. They were actually a tad on the small size and the linen was cheap. The toiletries were also cheap.

Everything else was good. Like I said, staff was awesome.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank IslandManRides
Rosemary V, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Southington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thank you for writing a review. I am glad you thought the staff were awesome, I agree! Sorry to hear you didn't feel the bed was comfortable.

I will share your review with our staff, I am sure this will put a smile on their face during the morning meeting.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I decided to stay on our way to Boston and this hotel was a great stopover. We got a great last minute rate. All of the staff members we encountered were friendly and helpful. Our room was immaculate. We could’ve fit an elephant in our room with how much space we had. The bed was extremely soft and cozy. The hotel is easily accessible from I-84 at Exit 31. We will definitely stay here again when passing through

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarioPartyman56
Rosemary V, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Southington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Thanks for writing a review!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

It was nice grabbing a beer at The Mix, which not all Residences have. I will say that the hallways are a little freaky, the patterns on the wall and in the carpet make me think I’m going to see twin girls at the end of the hallway. Aside from that, nice room, recently updated.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank E1408COedd
Rosemary V, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Southington, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thanks for writing a review. I am glad you enjoyed the Beer. :)