“Wonderful Pizza”

Teddy's Pizza Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 54 Restaurants in South Windsor
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 21 February 2017

I've always had great pizza at Teddy's -- Bianca (white) is my favorite. Their Greek salad and garlic bread are also very good. I haven't had anything else -- why mess with success? The staff are friendly and pleasant, making it more fun to go there.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

First of all no one was eating in this restaurant which should have been a big clue at lunch time. I walk by on a regular basis and always look in and no one is sitting at the tables but friends of mine wanted to meet there for lunch so I went.

I thought pizza was a good choice since I have had pizza as take out there but stopped a few years ago when they started charging around $17 for a small size. I got a slice that was completely covered in thick white spreading cheese, pepperoni added on top and no pizza sauce to be seen. It was terrible looking and tasting and the waitress didn't even ask me how it was when she saw that I only took two bites and left the rest.

I always liked their house salad dressing but this like everything else was changed to a cheaper variety.

My friends ordered salads which were really large but just thrown together. The grinders were okay and the baked ziti was good and the waitress told us when the patron complemented it that it was made off premises by a caterer. What!!

This place has gone down hill and I don't think they will be in business much longer if they don't drastically change their food.

1  Thank mary c
Reviewed 2 January 2016

We have not been to Teddy's in several years. My daughter was over and wanted their Pizza so we odered dinner from Teddy's for take out. I ordered Chicken Parm with extra sauce. The chicken was over cooked dry and sticking to the bottom of the aluminum container. It had very little sauce no where near the extra I asked for. At one point I looked down at the chicken and noticed something shiny on the top. As it turned out part of the plastic cover melted and stuck to the top of the cheese on the chicken. Needless to say that ended up in the trash. The pasta had very little sauce on it also.

I ordered Manicotti for my wife with Clam Chowder instead of Salad. When we got the meal home she had salad with what ever dressing they selected for her. Lastly she said that she was not at all impressed with the Manicotti.

I ordered Ziti with Butter for my grandaughter and a salad with ranch dressing. Instead of ranch we got what we believed to be Blue Cheese.

lastly my daughter had a Pizza which she said was good.

We gave Teddy's a second chance and they failed miserably, so we are done with them

1  Thank Dan R
Reviewed 2 December 2015

Went last night with my family for grinders. They were some of the best. Very nice and updated inside. Nice bar on the left when you walk in. Back room for private events if interested. Waitress was very friendly. Food came quickly. Owner came over and talked to us for a bit. Great "non chain" restaurant. Will be going back.

1  Thank Heidi W
Reviewed 9 September 2015

Teddies signature Greek Salad is a must, esp. when tomatoes are in season. Try it with the Athena Pizza for a delicious meal. Dinner menu is also great. You won't leave hungry - very generous portions.