“Sal's Is, Quite Simply, The Very Best”

Sal's New York Style Pizza
Ranked #17 of 54 Restaurants in South Windsor
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 1 September 2015

My wife and I eat here often and have never been disappointed. Sal and his wife Lucy, own and operate this little restaurant. They've been here for years for a reason......quality and taste. Old world food right here in South Windsor. I can go on and on, but my wife loves the salads and, right now, I'm hooked on a couple of slices of pepperoni and roasted pepper pizza. Delish! You can bring your own beer or wine if you wish as they do not have a license. In our opinion you can't go wrong with anything on their menu. Oh, and finish off with a cannoli. They fill them fresh to order.

1  Thank TheWiseOldOwl2

Reviewed 31 May 2015

We had a pizza and a meatball grinder from Sal's for our first try. The pizza was better than the one we got in Manchester from Pepe's Pizza, The house one was fresh, good and crust was great. The meatball grinder had excellent tasting meatballs. Make sure you ask for it to go in the oven. Ditto on the Italian cold cut grinder...came dry, cold and lifeless....I would add mayo or oil and vinegar next time and have it heated. Those questions weren't even asked when I placed the to-go order so make sure you tell the wife or daughter how you want it. Overall, a good small business to support locally..

Reviewed 27 April 2015

The pizza here is good. The crust seems to be more than you would expect. Sometimes the pizza can be a little greasy.

We still order their pizza, but not as often as we used to.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

I moved to South Windsor about 6 years ago from NJ, where besides NY pizza places try to compare to, Sal's is the closest I have found, he makes a small thin crust garlic pie that I must eat weekly, but the true indicator that Sal knows his business is his chicken parm sandwich, any time you move to an area you try all the chicken parm sandwiches, Sal's makes the best, good chicken, great sauce,toasted roll, and to boot, give his garlic wings a chance, but only if you dare! they are for true garlic lovers!

Reviewed 12 November 2014

this family owned and run restaurant offers up some fantastic food. Starting with, what I consider, the worlds best pizza, followed by excellent home made soup, grinders (subs), lasagna, manicotti, all with friendly service. Sal and his wife, Lucy are the reason this place is so special. They know their customers by name and remember what they eat. I love Sal's.