“Delicious Fish”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2018

We went there with friends expecting average food and were so pleasantly surprised. There was not a clean place in the group. Wine list was very nice and we thoroughly enjoyed our meals.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

I went on the Sunday evening of Labor Day weekend. Being a single, I chose to sit in their charming bar. Eric, the bartender was courteous, friendly, and efficient. He's just an all around nice guy. I started with a beef carpacchio appetizer. It was the best I've ever had, served on a bed of greens with a sprinkling of capers, cheese, and flavored oil. The Stonington scallops were perfect, and the blueberry buckle dessert was to die for, made with local blueberries. The owner came over to me and asked how everything was. 2 Hopewell is my new favorite.

1  Thank Beauregw
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Small patio but plants and flowers make it a lovely place to eat (weather permitting). Tavern menu available during the week only. Burger priced well and good. Fish sandwich also very tasty. Enjoyed the outdoors with good service. Will return.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

The food is fabulous. Wife, daughter and I all had seafood, and it it was fresh and cooked perfectly. The service was excellent. I would go out of my way to dine here again. Only complaint, we were seated downstairs and it is incredibly noisy (only reason I'm giving it 4 stars rather than 5). If you want quiet dining, make sure you get a reservation upstairs.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

The menu is superb, the food delicious, and the staff always friendly and helpful. This is where our friends from West Hartford like to come. It is quiet and restful even if the rooms are full. The wine selections are excellent.

1  Thank Dial P