“Bring your wallet!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Cute little place, candles on the tables are a nice touch, several stairs to go down to bar area from parking lot, then one more that they have to bring up to everyone so they don't trip! Beet salad is great, certainly no wine specials. We had two glasses each - shared the beet salad and shared the small burger with fries (great burger) - the bill was $70. Wow, won't be back there for happy hour any time soon. I was told they were pricey but we thought happy hour would give a break! Not so!

1  Thank Beverly61

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

The atmosphere here is intimate and quaint. To start we had the arancini carbonara croquettes and the charred Brussel sprouts. Outstanding! For main entries my wife had the halibut and I had the gnocchi short ribs. Both outstanding !
For desert, we had the apple crisp which was also outstanding outstanding! My new favorite place. One thing though was our server was just ok. I’ve had better. I think she’s been doing this way to long but the food was so good, I ignored the subpar service.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

We have been wanting to dine at 2Hopewell for years and finally did. We ate in the tavern downstairs. Imagine a comphy Inn you've grabbed a book and a fabulous glass of wine at and sat in a little nook you found. That's the vibe I got. So comfortable and inviting. Our food was just wonderful. The foccacia was meltinyourmouth scrumptious! The porterhouse steak was perfect. We will be back for sure!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

NIce meals with super cocktails! Love their lemon lavender martini. We ate downstairs, nice place will go back!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Two brothers operate three restaurants in the Glastonbury area and 2 Hopewell is one of them. Sayulita & Birch Hill Tavern are the other two. This looks like a former home converted to a quieter dining room upstairs and a louder more casual tavern downstairs.

This is a popular place and it's easy to see why as the locals love it. I've gone twice during the busy Thur.-Sat. evening hours and decided on the tavern in both cases. The crowd & the music pull you in. They have great food, I've gotten the scallops on one occasion & a fish wrap on another. I read they received an award for fine wine selection, I tried the house pinot and cabernet sauvignon & both were very good.

This is the kind of place that I'll go to again next time I'm in Glastonbury because everything is creative and well done. As you can see from many of the other reviews, this spot is well liked. And why wouldn't I be found at 2 Hopewell next time I'm out for dinner in South Glastonbury? Because I'd be back at their Mexican restaurant Sayulita down the street or trying the Birch Hill Tavern which I have yet to visit.